My wife owns an LG G5. Whenever she open Huffington Post in Chrome, it opens in the desktop version.

Using a different browser has it open in mobile version. Also, other mobile friendly websites open in mobile version. It seems limited to Huffington Post on Chrome.

I cleared Chrome cache and reinstalled but still have same problem. Also tried installing Huff Post app and redirect all links to app. Somehow it bypasses app and opens desktop version in Chrome.

Direct links to existing Huffpo articles will open in Chrome as mobile site but when navigate to home page it reverts back to desktop version.

Any ideas?
    03-04-2017 01:27 PM
    What if she types m.huffpost.com directly into the URL bar? Also, is the Request Desktop Site checkbox unchecked in the Menu?
    03-05-2017 02:56 AM
    It is Huffington Post issue, they might fix it at any time.
    Normally site should analyse the user-agent that browser provides. If the recognize it, they can find out what if your device is mobile. Huffington Post doesn't have have updated list of User-Agents and doesn't work well. Other sites maintain the list better, that is why they redirect to mobile version.
    04-13-2017 01:29 PM