I am giving serious thought to replacing my aging (10+ y/o windows 7) desktop with a Chrome book. I am not a power user by any use of the term. I only have a desktop because at the time I needed a blu-ray burner. I don't need that any more. I use google apps to keep most of my data online, google docs, photos, etc.etc.etc. I do have a few questions.
    1. Can I cast to my chromecast with a chromebook, it would seem to make sense that it could cast.
    2. Can I attach an external hard drive with mp4 movies stored on it to a Chromebook? I converted all my dvd and blu-ray movies to mp4 format and they are stored on my desktop hard drive.
    3. I have a wifi capable printer will it work with a Chromebook?
    10-10-2020 10:09 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I am a Chromebook zealot -- I think you'll love it!

1. Can I cast to my chromecast with a chromebook, it would seem to make sense that it could cast.
    Absolutely. Many sites already have a dedicated Cast button, but if you don't see one (like with YouTube Music), you can always use the Chrome browser's Cast Tab option.

2. Can I attach an external hard drive with mp4 movies stored on it to a Chromebook? I converted all my dvd and blu-ray movies to mp4 format and they are stored on my desktop hard drive.
    I've never tried it myself with a HDD or SSD, but it should be fine: https://support.google.com/chromeboo...r/183093?hl=en

3. I have a wifi capable printer will it work with a Chromebook?
    Should work fine.

BTW, I think Chrome OS is on the side of the Jedi. Enjoy!
    kcmjr1972 and J Dubbs like this.
    10-10-2020 10:14 PM