when i use a particular optical mouse, sometimes the light in the usb mouse will suddenly disappear. then i won't be able to use the mouse even after i plug it in the usb port (not usb type c) again.

then i tried it with another optical mouse, when i plug it in, it will flash the red light for one second, then it won't show any light at all.

after i restart the chromebook, it will work again.

one time, i unplugged this particular usb mouse, then plugged it in again. it stopped working. it doesn't happen all the time though.

another time, i tried to plug in an usb external hard drive, after the mouse stopped working, somehow the chromebook can still recognize the external hard drive.

now i am using another different optical mouse, i haven't had any problems for a few days.

this is a refurbished chromebook. i already updated the chromebook to the latest version.

i don't know why the first mouse can cause the second mouse also stops working, i am just wondering if there is any potential problems with the usb port, or if it is actually that particular mouse? i still have the warranty time.

thanks.
    04-01-2021 02:44 PM
    I'm going to refer members back to your original thread about this and close this one, to prevent parallel discussions: https://forums.androidcentral.com/ac...ml#post6934632
    04-01-2021 07:14 PM