Can you use a programming language with the chromebook?

symaticc

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Okay so all I want is a laptop which can, when im at home, use the internet and watch shows (from 1channel, so I'm going to need Java, just mentioning this part because my tablet can't do that since I need Java and I tried downloading Java but couldn't get it to work). Now, the Chromebook can do both of these.

I also need a laptop which textpad (or notepadd++) can be used when the wifi is turned off (to do web designing with HTML, CSS and Javascript). The laptop should also be able to use a programming language while is it not connected to Wifi (Java or C). And lastly, the laptop should be able to locally save a few images and PDFs. I know I can just save images locally into the download folder and im guessing I can do the same with PDFs right? So the main thing is the ability to use a programming language.

I was just wondering if the Chromebook do all these things? Thanks in advance!

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Okay so all I want is a laptop which can, when im at home, use the internet and watch shows (from 1channel, so I'm going to need Java, just mentioning this part because my tablet can't do that since I need Java and I tried downloading Java but couldn't get it to work). Now, the Chromebook can do both of these.

I also need a laptop which textpad (or notepadd++) can be used when the wifi is turned off (to do web designing with HTML, CSS and Javascript). The laptop should also be able to use a programming language while is it not connected to Wifi (Java or C). And lastly, the laptop should be able to locally save a few images and PDFs. I know I can just save images locally into the download folder and im guessing I can do the same with PDFs right? So the main thing is the ability to use a programming language.

I was just wondering if the Chromebook do all these things? Thanks in advance!

Yeah it can, the chromebooks run chrome os, which is linux based. It is a developer platform, and you should be able to develop fine on it. Personally I don't like ides, I just use a simple text editor with syntax and bracket highlighting.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36