how do you get your incoming hangouts calls?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi all. I searched the forum for "hangouts incoming" and found zip. Asking for input, please ...

How do you get your incoming Hangouts calls on your Chromebook? What did you install or tweak to make it work?

I purchased a Samsung Chromebook ( Samsung XE303C12-A01US 11.6" Chromebook - Silver ) for an older family member (neophyte) a couple months ago. I was really disappointed to find out that the version of Hangouts that comes pre-installed does not 'ring' when incoming Hangouts video calls come in. Is this the case for every Chromebook?

I installed the Hangouts extension in Chrome, on the Chromebook -- it doesn't work very well. An incoming notification appears very briefly then disappears; not very useful to a neophyte.

Thank you & happy holidays! :)

La Soviravong

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for a solution to this issue as well. My girlfriend had a Samsung Chromebook that did the same thing. That Chromebook got left on top of a car and is now probably lying on the side of the road somewhere so I just got her another Chromebook (Acer C720) tonight and I was making sure she could get incoming hangouts and a brief notification pops up and then disappears. She would have to then click on the Hangouts extension icon in Chrome to see what the incoming call was. This has been an issue for years. I can't believe it hasn't been fixed! Besides that though I'm loving this Acer Chromebook.

Kevin

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Yea ... incoming Hangouts are still ridiculously broken in Chrome OS, apparently.

Acer C720? Any reason why you didn't buy the touchscreen version?