If you were wanting to buy a chromebook

DaManx22

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Would you buy one today? If so which one would you get? Or would you wait for one that's coming out soon? And which model?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is primarily an Android site, but there is some Chromebook discussion as well. I already have two Chromebooks (the Acer C720 and the HP Chromebook 14, both with the Haswell Celeron 2955U processor). If I had to get one today, I'd probably consider the Toshiba Chromebook 2, but I haven't actually seen it in action yet. I'd still strongly consider the current Acer C720 with the i3 processor, and the HP is still an excellent value.

DaManx22

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
This is primarily an Android site, but there is some Chromebook discussion as well. I already have two Chromebooks (the Acer C720 and the HP Chromebook 14, both with the Haswell Celeron 2955U processor). If I had to get one today, I'd probably consider the Toshiba Chromebook 2, but I haven't actually seen it in action yet. I'd still strongly consider the current Acer C720 with the i3 processor, and the HP is still an excellent value.
HP is suppose to be coming out with a newer version and the new version of the Toshiba isn't due out for a couple more weeks those 2 are probably the ones I'd choose from as there really isn't much else. I'm wondering if waiting for the newer versions is worth it or just grab the hp14 now?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the Acer C720. Looking back, I would not change my purchase decision at all. In fact, if mine became damaged, I would find the cash to get a replacement.

CHIP72

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd personally wait for the Toshiba Chromebook 2, based on what I've read about it and other recently-released chromebooks. (I'm a chromebook owner already, so my recommendation is in terms of a mid-level chromebook.)

DaManx22

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'd personally wait for the Toshiba Chromebook 2, based on what I've read about it and other recently-released chromebooks. (I'm a chromebook owner already, so my recommendation is in terms of a mid-level chromebook.)
Toshiba chromebook2, and HP chromebook 14 (2014) are not released. I still haven't decided if I'm waiting for one of those out grabbing one of the awesome deals that was posted above.

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a very high opinion of the HP 14 refresh. Losing the Haswell CPU for a Tegra? Ehhh

But I do Linux voodoo on my chromebook so having an Intel CPU really increases the amount of software available to me.

The Toshiba 2 looks good, the screen has been reviewed very favorably. I will ~probably~ buy one this year but I haven't committed yet. I already own a Samsung 3 and original HP 14 and I really don't need yet another laptop but it seems like every year they add one or two new features that I would really like to have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12