Chromebook as BYOD device...No Junos Pulse?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my Chromebook hoping to use it as a BYOD device on the rare occasions that I need to go to client sites or my company office. Normally I telecommute.
Problem is that there is no version of Junos Pulse for Chromebooks? I find this hard to believe but it just doesn't seem to exist. I tried downloading the apk but can't get it to go past the splash screen.
I know there is an internal VPN client built in to the Chromebook but I can't get that to connect to my corporate network. Has anyone gotten their Chromebook to work with a Secure ID token?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Chromebooks are still in their youth, and don't always have full functionality yet when it comes to logging into secure corporate VPNs. For example, although there is a Citrix Receiver app for Chrome OS, it is still not supported by my hospital's electronic medical record. Hopefully, they'll keep developing solutions for these kinds of issues, because this is pretty much the only reason I still own a Windows PC.

By the way, remember that Chrome OS is not the same as Android (not yet, anyway), so an Android apk won't work natively on Chrome OS. There is a hack that is supposed to let you run many Android apps (http://www.pcworld.com/article/2686712/run-any-android-app-on-your-chromebook-with-this-hack.html), but I would guess that the Junos Pulse Android app won't work correctly with this hack.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The article (video) seems to be geared more towards a system administrator. I'm just trying to log in as a user. Thanks anyway though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084