Lost chromebook/secure?

bob1983

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi, stumbled across this forum to get a definitive answer on how secure these are as ive been reading mixed things. Long story short left my acer c720 in a library in sleep mode, went back later and there was no sign of it. It was encrypted with an 8 digit pass containing numbers/letters. Now as with any computer its full of personal details, emails, financial info, the list is endless. Now people are telling me it can be brute force hacked even though its 128 bit AES?And even cold boot attacks are a risk, even on ddr3 ram? Anyone clarify this for me, cheers

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How much of your information was actually downloaded to the SSD? If you kept everything in the cloud, it should be pretty secure, especially with an 8 character password. To be safe, I would change your Google account password now, and also make sure 2-step authentication is turned on.

Chances are that the jerk who lifted it was expecting it to be a standard PC. A Chromebook probably won't be of much use to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty