So I'm running on an assumption here that my 8+ Chrome Extensions are what make my Samsung Chromebook run so badly. We're talking like Windows XP bad, especially if I have more than one tab open. My dad on the other hand doesn't have problems with his Chromebook and he wouldn't know how to install an extension if his life depended on it.... So I assume, extensions are the problem. Oh and I've power washed a few times, never really helps.

However, if I'm logged into my Google account, all my extensions automatically get installed... And it seems that if I disable them on the Chromebook, it disabled them on my desktop where I'd like to have them all enabled... So what am I missing? What is the best way to allow all my extensions to run on my desktop (and i7 8gb ram laptop), while running logged into my account with none, or only a couple of my extensions on the Chromebook?

By the way I know about that Context app that seems to kind of do what I'm talking about, but the problem with that is a) it's confusing to setup and b) it's ANOTHER extension for me to run haha.

Thanks for the help.
    05-19-2016 05:11 PM
    Your Chromebook is fully up-to-date, right? I've found that performance can get a little sluggish when an update is downloading in the background, or even when it's been downloaded and waiting to update.

Do you have the original Samsung Chromebook, or is it the Chromebook 2?
    05-19-2016 10:54 PM
    yea it was an original samsung chromebook, and it was fully updated. you know what though. i was feeling crazy yesterday and i got myself a asus chromebook flip. so far so good with everything. it runs much more like what i would hope a chromebook would run like... except of course on this site as i'm typing this haha, but i chalk that up to all the freaking ads on this site bogging things down... to be honest this site crashes my i7 32gb ram windows desktop in Chrome too.
    05-30-2016 05:36 PM