Is there anything coming up that might fight what I'm looking for? I'm very guilty of not following Chromebook news as closely as I should:

2 in 1 design with touchscreen (don't care if it's flip or surface-style)
    Full HD
    10-13 inch screen
    USB-C charging.
    08-22-2016 10:10 AM
    The Chromebook Flip comes close....I don't think it has USB-C. However, I am pretty sure there are going to be some new Chromebooks coming out soon. If the new and shiny doesn't matter, maybe the Flip is for you.

Edit: I can't confirm or deny USB-C, but the rest is there: https://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks/AS...pecifications/
    08-22-2016 10:13 AM
    I think there will be a bunch of new Chromebook's out this Fall once the Android apps become official.

I don't see much need for a touch screen Chromebook unless it works properly with Android apps which probably explains why there aren't many models with a touchscreen.

I use Windows, Andoroid phone, and a Chromebook. I must say Chromebooks have there place. But one can pick up a decent I5 Windows laptop with an SSD drive for under $700 and they are far more versatile.

If the Android apps work well on Chromebooks, that could be a difference maker.

Printing on a Chromebook can be wonky especially if one is on a public wifi network.
    08-22-2016 02:12 PM
    At this point the only thing I use my Windows laptop for is programming my Harmony remote. Everything else I can do just as easily on a Chromebook or an Android phone, including working remotely. And I'm discovering that I lean more towards my Chromebook for some things and less towards my SHIELD tablet for pretty much everything, even video watching (of course, I have a 5.5 inch phone). So I'm thinking a convertible Chromebook might fill the tablet and transportable niches for me better, and I can reserve my 15 inch Chromebook for its original purpose: a nice biggish Remote Desktop terminal for snowstorm days.
    08-22-2016 02:44 PM
    Nope, no USB-C unfortunately...unless you have the money for the Pixel line.
    I'm still waiting for the next chromebook that comes with a touchscreen & USB-C combination (and of course 4GB of RAM); whichever manufacturer gets to it first gets my money for sure. :-) Can't wait to use my phone cable as my PC cable.

In the meantime, this Chromebook R11 is the best thing out there. I tried the Flip and sent it back.
    08-29-2016 01:12 PM
    New Acer r13 Chromebook announced at IFA. First of many such devices to come....

Acer's convertible Chromebook R 13 is designed to welcome Android apps | PCWorld

Now throw in a back lit keyboard, and now were talking...

But a back lit keyboard would probably mean close to a $500 price tag. Which makes it nearly the same price as a Windows 10 laptop with a SSD hard drive...
    08-31-2016 11:49 AM
    New Acer r13 Chromebook announced at IFA. First of many such devices to come....

Acer's convertible Chromebook R 13 is designed to welcome Android apps | PCWorld

Now throw in a back lit keyboard, and now were talking...

But a back lit keyboard would probably mean close to a $500 price tag. Which makes it nearly the same price as a Windows 10 laptop with a SSD hard drive...
    Yeah, I saw that get announced. Pretty sweet. But I caved last week and got a Chromebook R11. Pretty happy with it actually, though FHD would be nice. And I'm thinking anything bigger might be too unwieldy. This is really the top weight I'd use as a tablet.
    08-31-2016 12:43 PM
    Also got an R11 last week. I actually like it a lot. With crouton it should be able to replace my old dieing windows laptop.
    09-27-2016 10:46 PM