GROSS error in Jerry Hildenbrand article. The "Staff Pick" for best docking station for Chromebooks in 2019 doesn't even have a USB-C port. ALL 2019 Chromebooks use USB-C, and some have no other type of USB port. STAFF PICK WAVLINK DOCKING STATION FOR A CHROMEBOOK WILL WASTE READER'S MONEY.
    07-26-2019 07:03 AM
    The articles usually have info for contacting the author or staff, or you can usually comment in the comments section of the article but this one seems to be missing that section.
    @Bla1ze ?
    07-26-2019 07:45 AM
    I'd point out that there are plenty of USB-C to USB-A cables (I have a couple myself) that can easily connect a Chromebook to the Wavlink, so it's not that big of a deal. Sure, if you only have USB-A to USB-A cables and USB-C to USB-C cables, it's a bit of a hassle, but until USB-A goes the way of Firewire and other old connectors, it's not a bad idea to have a C-to-A cable handy.
    07-26-2019 12:26 PM
    I'd point out that there are plenty of USB-C to USB-A cables (I have a couple myself) that can easily connect a Chromebook to the Wavlink, so it's not that big of a deal. Sure, if you only have USB-A to USB-A cables and USB-C to USB-C cables, it's a bit of a hassle, but until USB-A goes the way of Firewire and other old connectors, it's not a bad idea to have a C-to-A cable handy.
    For that matter, most people likely have an A to C cable laying around already due to phones only having USB C ports. Chances are, the phone came with one to use with a type A connection OEM charger
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-26-2019 12:31 PM
    GROSS error in Jerry Hildenbrand article. The "Staff Pick" for best docking station for Chromebooks in 2019 doesn't even have a USB-C port. ALL 2019 Chromebooks use USB-C, and some have no other type of USB port. STAFF PICK WAVLINK DOCKING STATION FOR A CHROMEBOOK WILL WASTE READER'S MONEY.
    It's called Staff Pick.. as in the staff picks their pick... Not saying it may the best of the best.
    07-26-2019 12:38 PM
    plenty of USB-C to USB-A cables (I have a couple myself) that can easily connect a Chromebook to the Wavlink
    Are there? The input to the dock appears to be a USB 3.0 type B connector, see attached.
    WARNING: J Hildenbrand Chromebook Docking Stations Article-wavlink.png
    07-26-2019 02:26 PM
    You should be able to use the USB-A 3.0 connectors right next to it, right?
    07-26-2019 02:32 PM
    You should be able to use the USB-A 3.0 connectors right next to it, right?
    I don't think so.
    07-26-2019 03:33 PM
    Well in that case, could get a USB-C to USB-B cable: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters...cUvbUpU6587312
    07-26-2019 11:54 PM