How do i know if i have the Android Store.

Dave McQueen

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi

As i just got my first CB yesterday forgive my ignorance if this sound silly.

I believe the Google Play Store you get on your CB is different than the GP store you get for Android? Or at least it is not enabled by default.
How can i tell if i have access to those apps. I play the game Risk on my Android Devices and installed it yesterday from the GP store and when i signed it it doesn't recognise me and wants to set up a new profile. So i suspect its the Chrome App version and not the Android Version. I've also been trying to get Microsoft Edge to try and see how Netflix performs in that as opposed to Chrome and can't see it in the GP store although it should be in the Android store.

So how can i tell if i have access to the Android Apps?

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Apps that won't run on a Chromebook won't be listed by the app, the same as apps that won't run on a particular phone won't be listed by running
play on that phone. But if you go to https://play.google.com/store/ in a web browser, you'll see all the apps (and books, and music, and ...) in the store.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which Chromebook do you have? Bring up the quick settings panel at the lower right and click the gear icon, then Apps. Is Google Play Store listed there? If so, then you have access to Android apps. If you don't see it there, then the Chromebook is probably too old to support it.

Look in your app drawer for the Play Store app icon -- specifically, the white circle with the Google Play triangle in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12