Hi guys,

Looking at a chromebox to replace my current mediacenter.

Price, convenience, speed are major factors, but what would settle it for me would be being able using google playstore, because well, apps.

I see that chromeboxes aren't being advertised as play store enabled, as opposed to some chromebooks, but then again i see people on amazon stating that their chromebox does run playstore apps.

So, what's the bottom line? Does anybody know which, if any, chromeboxes run playstore apps? A list of sorts would be handy, as are ofcourse personal experiences or explicit advertising from some chromebox that i haven't found.

Thanks in advance!
    02-15-2018 03:11 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Here's the official list: https://www.chromium.org/chromium-os...g-android-apps. It gets updated regularly.
    02-15-2018 05:07 PM
    Thx, yeah i've found that one, but planned, beta, and kinda hard to get versions of the chromebox:/

Ahwell, maybe too soon, i'll keep an eye on these potentially awesome mediacenters
    thx again.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-16-2018 04:23 AM
    Hi,

After reading Mr. Hildebrand's review of Chromeboxes I discovered, among other things, that the A-Open Chromebox Mini currently supports the Google Play store.

I have two questions:

Is the A-Open a full-blown ChromeOS Computer? Amazon.com says it's only a Media Center. What's the difference?

Amazon.com says the A-Open is not available for International shipping. Since it's made in China, and I live in the U.S., does that mean I can't get it shipped to me?
    08-17-2018 02:04 AM