VRS Cases Review

Our friends over at VRS Design was nice enough to send us some cases to review. Overall, the cases are similar in quality to Spigen or Caseology cases. They aren't as refined as Otterbox, Lifeproof or other high end cases, but those also cost a lot more. With the exception of the wallet case which came in a box, the remaining cases came in a generic gray plastic bag, which you can see in some of the review photos. Case needs are so wide because many people have different needs. I tried to point out what I thought was important, and also provide lots of pictures, so that you can see in detail what it looks like on the phone. The pictures where taken with and without flash, and I picked the ones that looked best.

Please click on the links below to see the mini review of each case.

S7 Edge Triple Mixx Case
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/review-templates-staging-area/692899-vrs-cases-review.html#post5236710

S7 Edge Crystal Bumper
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/review-templates-staging-area/692899-vrs-cases-review.html#post5236715

S7 Edge Single Fit Case
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/review-templates-staging-area/692899-vrs-cases-review.html#post5237080

S7 Edge Hi Pro Shield
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/rev...ml#post5237085

S7 Edge Crystal mixx clear
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/review-templates-staging-area/692899-vrs-cases-review.html#post5237091

S7 Edge, 10, Note 4 Leather Wallet Case
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/rev...ml#post5238456
    Attached Thumbnails VRS Case Review (depreciated)-20160618_184440.jpg  
    RumoredNow likes this.
    06-23-2016 10:53 AM
    Triple Mixx Case
    This is an attractive two-piece case with a clear hard plastic back with clear ridges molded to rubber sides (the buttons are molded into the rubber), and a polycarbonate bumper. The bumper is offered in Shine Gold, Satin Silver, Steel Silver, and Rose Gold. I received the Shine Gold color, however, it looked good on my black S7 Edge, due to the black rubber banding on the phone.

This case is somewhat unique in that, in addition to the moderate lip at the top and bottom of the front, it also has a lip on the top and bottom of the back. This should help to reduce scratches from sliding it on the clear plastic back. To install, separate the two pieces, install the main back/sides piece first, then snap on the polycarbonate bumper.

The fitment is pretty snug, however, it pushed up my Zagg Invisible Shield HD screen protector. The buttons are snug, and require a moderate amount of force to activate. The holes are are a good size and centered and the vast majority of micro-usb cables and headphone cables should fit just fine. It feels comfortable to hold one handed, however, note that since it is dual layered, that it is obviously a bit wider thicker than single layered cases. The grip is good however, if you have oily fingers like me, then you would need to clean the back frequently or it would become slippery. In my case, I had to clean the back a few hours after using it because it was pretty slippery by then. This is true of other hard, smooth backed cases as well. It doesn’t provide as much grip as my Speck Candyshell Grip case, for those who need the ultimate grip, but it should be adequate for most people.

06-23-2016 10:53 AM
    S7 Edge Crystal Bumper Case

This is an attractive two-piece case with a clear TPU back and sides and a matte polycarbonate bumper. The bumper is offered in Shine Gold, Satin Silver, Steel Silver, and Rose Gold. I received both the Shine Gold and Steel Silver Colors. Since I have a black S7 Edge, the steel silver (dark gray) compliments my phone well. The home and power buttons are separate pieces and are a bit loose, and makes a rattling sound if you shake the phone. They require a moderate pressure to activate.

There is a moderate lip on the top and bottom of the phone. To install, separate the two pieces, install the main back/sides piece first, then snap on the polycarbonate bumper.

The fitment is pretty snug, however, it pushed up my Zagg Invisible Shield HD screen protector. The holes are a good size and centered and the vast majority of micro-usb cables and headphone cables should fit just fine. It feels comfortable to hold one handed,however, note that since it is dual layered, that it is obviously a bit wider thicker than single layered cases. The grip is good however, if you have oily fingers like me, then you would need to clean the back frequently or it would become slippery. The back is also a fingerprint magnet. In my case, I had to clean the back a few hours after using it because it was pretty slippery by then but this is true of most TPU cases I have used. It doesn’t provide as much grip as my Speck Candyshell Grip case, for those who need the ultimate grip, but it should be adequate for most people. However, this case is military grade drop tested, so it should provide decent protection if dropped.

06-23-2016 10:55 AM
    Single Fit Case

This is a one piece molded matte TPU case The one I got was in Phantom Black but it is also offered in Blossom Red, Ice Mint, Smokey Gray, and Snow Pink.The home and power buttons are separate pieces and area bit loose, and makes a rattling sound if you shake the phone. There is a moderate lip at the top and bottom of the front. The Phantom Black color, looked good on good on my black S7 Edge.

The fitment is pretty snug, however, it pushed up my Zagg Invisible Shield HD screen protector. The buttons feel loose, and require a moderate amount of force to activate. The holes are a good size and centered and the vast majority of micro-usb cables and headphone cables should fit just fine. It feels comfortable to hold one handed. The grip is not very good due to it being matte,however, also it doesn’t show fingerprints because it is matte. II sometimes put tissue in my pocket, and notice that the case is a lint magnet, though if you don't have any lint in your pocket, then you should be ok.

06-23-2016 03:29 PM
    S7 Edge High Pro Shield

This is an attractive two-piece case with a textured TPU back and sides and a matte polycarbonate bumper. The texture has a very nice look and feel. The bumper is offered in Shine Gold, Satin Silver, Steel Silver, and Rose Gold. I received both the Steel Silver color. Since I have a black S7 Edge, the steel silver (dark gray) compliments my phone well. The home and power buttons are separate pieces and are a bit loose, and makes a rattling sound if you shake the phone. They require a moderate pressure to activate.

There is a moderate lip on the top and bottom of the phone. To install, separate the two pieces, install the main back/sides piece first, then snap on the polycarbonate bumper.

The fitment is pretty snug, however, it pushed up my Zagg Invisible Shield HD screen protector. The holes are a good size and centered and the vast majority of micro-usb cables and headphone cables should fit just fine. It feels comfortable to hold one handed,however, note that since it is dual layered, that it is obviously a bit wider thicker than single layered cases. The grip is not very good, due to the textured back, however, due to the back, it doesn’t show fingerprints. This case is military grade drop tested, so it should provide decent protection if dropped. I accidentally dropped it from about hip height onto concrete, and the only damage was on the polycarbonate bumper. The phone itself was fine.

06-23-2016 03:33 PM
    S7 Edge Crystal Mixx

This is a one piece case with polycarbonate back molded to a TPU lip. I have the clear version, but there is also a black version (clear back, black sides). The home and power buttons are separate pieces and are a bit loose, particularly the power button, which popped off as I was trying to put the case on. Once the case is on the phone, the power button can also come off easily. I tried to use a post-it pad,and was able to knock the power button out. The buttons also make a rattling sound if you shake the phone. They require a moderate pressure to activate.

There is a moderate lip on the top and bottom of the phone. This case is probably the most difficult to install of all the VRS cases that I have used, and also it really pushes up my Zagg Invisible Shield HD screen protector.

The holes are a good size and centered and the vast majority of micro-usb cables and headphone cables should fit just fine. It feels uncomfortable to hold one handed, due to the lip between the back and the sides. The grip is good however, if you have oily fingers like me, then you would need to clean the back frequently or it would become slippery. The back is also a fingerprint magnet. In my case, I had to clean the back a few hours after using it because it was pretty slippery by then but this is true of most hard backed smooth cases I have used.
    06-23-2016 03:36 PM
    S7 Edge Leather Wallet Case
    This is an attractive one piece leather wallet case. Please note that VRS identifies it as “PU leather”, PU meaning polyurethane, so it is essentially faux leather. I have the coffee brown version which has light brown stitching and looks very nice. Inside, there are three slots for cards. The case is also offered in Wine Red and Black colors. I have a black phone and think that the black version would probably be better suited, but that’s just personal preference.

The phone fits into the case just fine and the holes for the volume and power buttons are appropriately sized. Note that the top and bottom are open. It has a very small lip at each of the corners. I am not sure if it would provide good drop protection if you drop the phone while using it. However, if the wallet case is closed, then protection should be decent. The Edges are easily accessible and it doesn’t interfere with my Zagg Invisible Shield HD screen protector. The case has a shiny coating which can be slippery. It feels comfortable in the hand when in use.

I have also used this case for the 10 and Note 4, and the comments above apply to them as well.
    06-24-2016 03:14 PM