Mujjo Touchscreen Gloves: Touch All the Things (Or Maybe Don't)

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
We’ve all been there. There’s a blizzard raging outside and as you step out of the car to head to the house, you’ve got a good 30 seconds to check your phone to see if you have any likes in the 10 seconds since the last time you checked your phone. However, if you take your gloves off, your hands will be cold. What to do? I absolutely MUST check Instagram?!?!

Well good news, Mujjo has a series of Touchscreen Gloves that will let you check all the things without having to freeze your hands off. They sent me a pair of their Single Layered and Leather Crochet Touchscreen Gloves to check out and thankfully, Atlanta had a few snow days this winter so I really got to test these bad boys out.

Instead of crafting two separate reviews for both pairs of gloves, I’m going to do them both here and let you pick your favorite.

Single Layered Gloves

IMG_0179.jpg

I’ll just say it - these are probably the nicest, lightweight, touchscreen gloves that I’ve used. I have tried a couple other cheap gloves from Amazon and these are no comparison. They’re just better, hands-down. Tee hee.

Design

These are the most lightweight of all the gloves that Mujjo makes and are perfect for days or climates that get chilly, but not down-right freezing. They fit snugly on your fingers without cutting off circulation. The knitted fabric keeps the elements out, while a thin layer of fleece keeps your hands warm. There seems to be a small amount of elastic in the wrist which helps to keep the gloves securely on your wrist without allowing the elements in either. The gloves are secured with a leather strap and a magnetic snap button that adds another level of quality to them. Like I said, they’re nice.

IMG_0176.jpg

Mujjo also claims that they use a new improved yarn that is stronger and less prone to pilling which is certainly helpful. I have not used their previous generation of gloves so I can’t compare it to what they had before, but I can say with confidence that these will be more durable than my cheap Amazon pair. Lastly, there are small silicon dots placed on the fingers and palm that provide grip for your phone so it doesn’t go flying out of your hand as you try to take it out of your pocket. That would suck...believe me.

IMG_0170.jpg

Function

Now, the more important part, will they actually let me to constantly Tweet my 23 followers without having to take my gloves off?? In short, yes! In Mujjo’s words, these gloves were designed to allow “Unrestricted Usage” and I would say that is mostly true. What they mean by that is that you are not limited to being able to use just a couple of fingers to touch the screen. These gloves are designed to allow you to use any of your fingers, knuckles, palm, or even heel of your hand to touch your screen. I tested this claim as best I could and it works. Now keep in mind - touching your phone with the heel of you hand is going to be much less accurate than using your fingers - go figure.

Now for those that don’t know, the screen on your phone works by sensing the conductive properties of your skin. That’s why normal gloves don’t really work with touchscreens. To fix that problem, Mujjo knitted high-quality silver-coated nylon fibers into the fabric, thus making the gloves conductive when coming in contact with your skin thereby allowing you to use your phone while wearing their gloves. Magic!

IMG_0172.jpg

It actually does work, a little better than I was expecting to be honest. I’ve included a short video below that should help give you some idea of just how much functionality you’ll have and as long as you have a little patience, you should be able to do almost anything you need to, even text.

Leather Crochet Touchscreen Gloves

Ok, the reason I called the Single Layer Gloves the nicest lightweight ones that I’ve used is because the Leather Crochet ones are the nicest I’ve used, period. These gloves will definitely class you up quite a bit, which is really saying something for some of us out there!

IMG_0182.jpg

Design

Stylish is kind of an understatement when describing these gloves. The unique combination of leather and crocheted cotton is really cool. I’m not a fashionista by any stretch of the imagination, but I think they’re cool. And that’s all that matters!

The palm is covered with Ethiopian lambskin which, according to the company, is known for providing the best insulation out of all the types of leather. Who knew? Atop the leather is Egyption cotton which of course is high quality...cuz I’m a cotton expert. But seriously, how could Egyption cotton not be high quality? The same great leather strap and magnetic clasp from the Single Layered gloves make their way to these guys to round out the show.

IMG_0187.jpg

Not only are these gloves super stylish, but they’re incredibly comfortable as well! You can thank cashmere lining for that. My hands never got cold while wearing them. I took them with me to Boston for a week or so and the weather never got above 20 degrees while I was there and my hands never once got even a little chilly.

Function

Since these gloves have leather instead of cotton touching you plam, Mujjo had to come up with another way to allow you to touch your touchscreen. All they really say about that is “nanotechnology” (cuz aliens) but it still works. Mujjo also says that this nanotechnology works independently of your skin which allows them to put the cashmere lining inside without affecting functionality. Sure, we’ll go with that.

As far as functionality, I will say that it works much better than I thought it would. Being that these are significantly thicker than the Single Layer gloves, there is much less freedom of movement in the fingers so while you can use your phone, it may take you a few more touches to do things. You will have to be much more deliberate with your touches while wearing these. For simple things like answering of declining calls and maybe taking pictures, these will be fine. For anything more delicate such as updating social media or definitely typing in text, it will be more challenging. Again, I’ve included a short video below to give you some idea, but don’t take the video as final word. They are much easier to use than what I was able to get on video.

One Last Thing

There is one thing I need to point out with the Leather Gloves. The Crochet pattern on the back tends to catch on stuff and come apart far easier than I would like. Within just a few short weeks of use, I had runaway threads sticking out all over the gloves. Your mileage may vary, but it was kind of annoying to see such nice gloves quickly develop such an issue.

IMG_0186.jpg

So What’s the Verdict?

Buy them! Right now! Do it! I’ll make it easy for you. They have 6 different types of gloves to choose from depending on your geography and circumstances.

These gloves are definitely worth getting if you’re in a place that calls for them, or if you travel frequently to one. If you are in South Florida and don’t get out much (Modern Dad) then I would probably not recommend picking these up. If, however you live in Canada (or really any cold, snowy climate) then you can’t go wrong! These gloves will certainly make the winter months a bit more bearable. Head on over to Mujjo’s website to pick your pair.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer