[Review] Cocones Form Zip Wallet

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
When it comes to wallet cases, I am mostly used to the usual case form factor where the case includes one or more cardholder packets in the back, something like Nomad or Mujjo cases. However, what you get from Cocones is really a wallet for your iPhone X. Notice how I didn't call it a 'wallet case', rather simply a 'wallet'. This is the review of the Cocones Form iPhone Zip Wallet.

123769d1533492788t-review-cocones-form-iphone-zip-wallet-img_0554.jpg

Let's start with the look and feel. It's a smartphone wallet made of full grain Italian leather. Its available in Blue and Tan colors. I received the regular sized black wallet for review. The regular size fits the normal sized phones like the iPhone X/8 and the Galaxy S9/S8 while the plus size fits larger phones like the iPhone 8 Plus or the Galaxy S8 Plus/S9 Plus.

The form factor and aesthetics of this wallet is a good welcoming change from the usual cases that we are accustomed to using every day. The leather feels soft and the size fits perfectly in my jeans pocket. As its a wallet, you also have the zipper with a ring puller that basically helps you to quickly hold on to your wallet or to just quickly open the wallet.

123770d1533492881t-review-cocones-form-iphone-zip-wallet-img_0555.jpg

The interior is padded with cushioning wool felt lining with two leather packets to hold your cash or cards. The interior finishing is soft and at the same provides a good safe place for your smartphone.

As the regular size is designed for regular sized phones, the iPhone X fits very well in the wallet with or without a case. When you are not using a case, there is ample space surrounding the phone and when you do use a case, that space fills up.

Here is the iPhone X without any case inside the wallet:

123771d1533492910t-review-cocones-form-iphone-zip-wallet-20180805_105954.jpg

Here is the iPhone X with a Nomad case inside the wallet:

123772d1533493008t-review-cocones-form-iphone-zip-wallet-20180805_105916.jpg

I was hesitant to use my iPhone X without a back protection inside the wallet, so I used my Peel case in my iPhone X which felt like a perfect match made for this wallet.

123773d1533493054t-review-cocones-form-iphone-zip-wallet-20180805_110032.jpg

Cocones promises the leather packets can hold up to 5 cards each, 10 in total. Having 10 cards in those packets, made the wallet bulky. If you are looking to be light and not bulky, I would recommend carrying a max of 4 cards, 2 on each packet. The packets are of good size and should hold most of the cards, including your driver's license, those reward cards, and credit cards.

123774d1533493089t-review-cocones-form-iphone-zip-wallet-20180805_110154.jpg

Cocones Form Zip Wallet is generally a good product but that doesn’t mean it has some drawbacks. First, the form factor may not be for everyone, especially when we want quick access to our phones. I found it frustrating to have to open my wallet every time I had to use Apple Pay or wanting to snap that quick photo or to charge wirelessly. And at those times, I didn’t feel comfortable that my phone was naked, without a protective case as well. When I was at home or at my office desk, I ended up not using the wallet as it was just too hard to open/close the wallet every time I wanted to check something in my phone.

All that said, I really love how great the wallet feels in your hands and how well made it is. I just wish this was a real wallet instead of trying to also be a protective case for the smartphone.

123775d1533493148t-review-cocones-form-iphone-zip-wallet-20180805_110245.jpg

While this is not for everyone, if you are looking for a wallet so you can carry your iPhone X and other stuff you usually have in a wallet, then the Cocones Form Zip Wallet might be worth a try. You can buy the wallet directly from their website for $90 USD. The asking price isn’t cheap but it is worth for the materials and how well made the wallet is. It is hard to find such well-made products and for that reason, Cocones deserves that price tag.

Let me know what you think about the wallet and if this is something you will be comfortable using!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463