[REVIEW] Eufy RoboVac 15C Max: More Power, Same Great Package

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
There are many in the tech community, and probably many outside of it, that would agree that one of the main purposes of technology is to make our lives better. We’ve seen so many instances throughout history where an advance of technology has made our work more efficient, streamlined our communication, or just made difficult or annoying tasks easier. One piece of tech that exemplifies that more than most (at least for me) is robotic vacuums.

If you’ve seen some of my other reviews, you know I’m a huge fan of RoboVacs and the ones from eufy are some of the best I’ve tested. They recently sent me their new 15C Max RoboVac that recently launched and is on sale until July 31st.

Long story short, these guys just keep getting better.

7132iME3YHL._SL1500_.jpg

Overview

Not long before the 15C Max, I got a chance to review the 35C so if you saw that review, a lot of that will carry over to the 15C.

A lot of the basics are the same, starting with the cleaning modes. There’s Automatic which will have Archibald (yes, we named him Archibald; don’t judge) clean the house in the best way he deems fit, which means he will randomly scoot back and forth across the floor sucking up all the dirt and dust until he’s either full or out of juice. Believe it or not, even though it seems very random, he is actually smart enough to be able to clean a path efficiently across the floor. Don’t ask me how he knows, there’s folks a lot smarter than me who have programmed him.

The second mode is Quick mode which has Archie do a quick 30 second clean if you just need a quick pick up. The third one is Spot mode where you can set him in one spot and he will clean in a circle over the same spot for two minutes. Then there’s Edge mode where he will slide along the edges of the walls for 20 minutes to clean the spots that are hard to grab sometimes. Thankfully, the two front brushes reach out just far enough to the side that it will pull the dust up underneath the vacuum so it can suck it up into the dirt bin.

The fifth mode is not a preset mode but in Manual mode, you can actually steer him around your house to vacuum precisely where you need him to. Of course I tried this out and it actually works pretty well. There’s almost no delay between the remote and the vacuum and it’s just endless fun to drive a robot around your house and annoy your dog.

Screenshot_20190727-134922.jpg
Screenshot_20190727-134927.jpg

The 15C Max also brings over BoostIQ from its big brother which means if you’ve got some extra difficult spots on the floor, Archie will detect that and up the suction power for 30 seconds and focus on just that part of the floor to make sure it’s good and clean.

Of course, the absolute best feature that Archie inherited is the WiFi connectivity meaning I can continue to control the guy entirely from my phone, Alexa, or Google Home.

God Bless WiFi.

IMG_20190613_220852.jpg

Additionally, the 15C Max has a couple extra improvements which are very welcome. It gets some extra suction power topping out at 2000Pa which is pretty powerful for such a little vacuum. It also has noticeably longer battery life than many others I’ve tested usually getting a good clean of our entire floor before having to recharge. There’s also a Max mode which will have Archie clean on his absolute highest suction power consistently if you have really dirty floors. Normally he will clean at a little bit lighter power to save power and cut down on noise. He still cleans up everything nicely, but it’s helpful to have some more power when you need it.

Lastly, the eufy team has done some major voodoo on his return-to-home software because he is amazing at it. Archie is by far the best at finding and returning to his charging station when he’s running low on battery or done cleaning floor. Major props to eufy on that one.

A Few Compromises

As great as Archie is and as much as I recommend getting one for yourself, there are a few things it doesn’t have the you can find on some other models.

The first is barrier strips. On some other robot vacuums like the 35C, they come with magnetic barrier strips that you can lay on your floor to block off certain areas of your room or house where you don’t want Archie to go in. These work surprisingly well and I miss not having them with the 15C Max.

One other seemingly insignificant omission which I found myself missing quite a lot is the touch controls. The 35C that I reviewed had touch control buttons on the top for quick interactions when you don’t have your phone or the remote readily available but Archie doesn’t have the same buttons. The only physical button on the top of him is a power button. Nothing else. Bummer.

Verdict

Overall, eufy has once again nailed it where it counts. The 15C Max is a very efficient and powerful little robot vacuum with lots of great features that help keep your house very clean. As with every robot vacuum that exists, you’ll still have to manually vacuum your floors probably once every 6 weeks or so but that’s a whole lot better than the typical once a week (or more frequently for the pet owners among us).

If you’ve been considering picking up a robotic assistant, the RoboVac 15C Max is absolutely worth your money. It’s also a great time to get it because through July 31st, it’s on sale for $219, down from it’s normal price of $279. Truthfully, you won’t find a better product in this category for the money.

Grab yours now on [URL="https://www.amazon.com/eufy-Connected-Super-Thin-Self-Charging-Medium-Pile/dp/B07RGDFZ5Q/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=eufy+15C&qid=1564251748&s=gateway&smid=A1U62USFOR8NN3&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVFo5RDRaWVVMOVFKJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDQwNTQ4M0RYM1dGT09MSkY4NyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDMzMjIxMlpDOExaU0dGMjNQRyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU%3D&tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6587566]Amazon[/URL].

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt