[REVIEW] Nomad Rugged Case for Pixel 4

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
https://youtu.be/PX6frwxo-fg

Nomad is well known for their Apple accessories. They make cases, watch straps, special chargers, etc… But what you may not know is that they also have a special place in their heart for the Google Pixel phones as well! I had the Nomad Rugged case for the Google Pixel 3 XL, and now they have a new one for the Google Pixel 4, and Pixel 4 XL, which is just as fancy as ever!

20191110_210711.jpg
20191110_210724.jpg

Amazing Leather: The Nomad Rugged Case has a vey unique look to it and is distinct from many other leather cases that I’ve seen. It has a rugged and crafty finish to it that feels crisp to the touch, and then develops a rich patina over time. The patina development is one of the main selling points with their cases, which showcase leather from the Horween Leather Company. If you haven’t heard of them before, Horween Leather is one of the oldest tanneries in the United States and has been around since 1905 – this means they know what they’re doing. For the Rugged Case, Nomad uses a vegetable tanned leather that really shines nicely as it becomes worn in. I’ve had many different Rugged Cases, and other Nomad products that I’ve been carrying around for over a year and hold up well and look fantastic.

20191110_210746.jpg
20191110_210807.jpg

Refined and Rugged: The Nomad Rugged case is built on a polycarbonate shell with TPE rubberized bumpers, which offers 6ft of drop protection. In addition to that, the case has precise cut outs, so you have easy access to the mute switch, speakers, and charging port. The finish and materials are exquisite and exude quality, which is something you probably appreciate if you’re in the market for a leather case for your Pixel. The case isn’t just available for the Pixel 4; they also make it for the Pixel 4 XL. The buttons are nice and responsive and have solid tactile feedback. One nice upgrade this year is a slide indentation where the power button is, so that it’s easier to find the button as your slide your finger along the side of the case. In addition to that, the power button is lightly textured, which goes even further to help it stand out from the bumper material. The camera cutout is well designed, keeping the cameras recessed and free from scratches whenever you place it down on a flat surface, and also helps to protect it from other damage. Lastly, the case has a raised protective lip all the way around the screen so that it can keep your screen as scratch free as possible, whether you have a screen protector on it or not. It’s not foolproof, but as long as you’re careful with how you set your phone down it works well.

20191110_210816.jpg
20191110_210911.jpg

Conclusion: The Nomad Rugged Case is a solid accessory that really compliments the Pixel 4. It looks sharp, professional and makes for a great conversation piece. It comes in two different colors: Black, and Brown, which helps you pair it with your individual style and taste. It’s not the cheapest case in the world, but I think it’s well worth the $49.95 price tag. And another kicker is if you have other Nomad products, because it all matches and looks sharp together.

20191110_210919.jpg
20191110_211004.jpg
20191110_211014.jpg

If you’re interested in picking up one of Nomad’s Rugged Cases for your Pixel 4, you can find them on Nomad’s website for $49.95 - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ad.com%2Fcollections%2Fpixel-4&token=wu43j0O1 - As always, if you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them down in the comments section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34