Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
1. Odin this fie, using PDA section:
http://adrynalyne.us/files/odin/cwm_recovery_test4_adryn.tar

2. Download this file and put it on the root of your sdcard:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/update.zip

3. Boot to recovery, either from manual three button method (down, up vol +power) or using something like quick boot on the market.

4. Apply update.zip.

5. Profit!

bubby323
imnuts
Logan302
Trailblazer
jt1134 (his update.zip, very awesome)

use at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything you do to your device!

Last edited:
Reactions: cyrmc and DroidXcon

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll give this a try this weekend and let you know how it goes, hard to get the wife to give up the phone for too long :) and I need some time to recover from a brick if need be.

CC

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok bro so i have tried this in a couple different variants and it is not working
i tried to place the update.zip as is on the sd card but to no avail it says update.zip gone.

so then i actually renamed update to update.zip then it works but i keep getting a signature error

Reactions: cyrmc

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I never got around to trying this. My continuum is rooted and debinged with teather installed only. Anything with this setup that I can try to help out?

I don't always have full access to this phone, but my wife is complaining that it lags and the voice quality sucks. I told her to hand it over and I can make it better. :-!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I never got around to trying this. My continuum is rooted and debinged with teather installed only. Anything with this setup that I can try to help out?

I don't always have full access to this phone, but my wife is complaining that it lags and the voice quality sucks. I told her to hand it over and I can make it better. :-!

Lol i provided system dumps to the guys hopefully we can see some roms,,, im working on getting Odin package up , i am just making sure i get my ducks in a row before i release it , then ill be able to try some stuff out with Adrynalynes and everyones help

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
well, i stole my wife's phone and flashed.

Oden went fine and update.zip was placed on the sd card.

first boot after this was forced into recovery (vol/up/dwn&pwr). I did not even try to boot first, but not sure if this helped. I was able to select update.zip by first trying every button including the non lit capitative buttons. I think it was the capitative buttons that got me where i needed to be.

Got CWD red and making a backup now.

Working so far.

CC

Reactions: DroidXcon

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hmm ill have to try again then. Thanks :)
well, i stole my wife's phone and flashed.

Oden went fine and update.zip was placed on the sd card.

first boot after this was forced into recovery (vol/up/dwn&pwr). I did not even try to boot first, but not sure if this helped. I was able to select update.zip by first trying every button including the non lit capitative buttons. I think it was the capitative buttons that got me where i needed to be.

Got CWD red and making a backup now.

Working so far.

CC

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
adryns rom on board, I will post updates in that thread.

Thanks to the devs and folks for helping on this phone/forum.

CC

i tried it on my work computer i must have had a bad download at home, but now it works, awsome, now if i can figure out the modem problem im having we will be set

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
adryns rom on board, I will post updates in that thread.

Thanks to the devs and folks for helping on this phone/forum.

CC

cyrmc are you able to go back to clockwork everytime you reboot, because i have to flash it again whenever i want in,,,i feel like its doing the same thing the fascinate did where you need to replace the kernel to get it to hold

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
cyrmc are you able to go back to clockwork everytime you reboot, because i have to flash it again whenever i want in,,,i feel like its doing the same thing the fascinate did where you need to replace the kernel to get it to hold

I select Pwr off by holding to Pwr button and lett the phone die.

I then hold vol up/dwn/pwr until i see samsung flash once, twice, and then three times and let go of all buttons. This gives me Blue recovery. I then scroll down to select upadte.zip, which gives me Red CWR.

I can get this every time i reboot using vol/up/dwn/prw.

Phone info:

Hardware: i400.0.6
Model: SVH-I400
Firm: 2.1-update1:
Base: ends with DL17
Kern: 2.6.29

CC

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I select Pwr off by holding to Pwr button and lett the phone die.

I then hold vol up/dwn/pwr until i see samsung flash once, twice, and then three times and let go of all buttons. This gives me Blue recovery. I then scroll down to select upadte.zip, which gives me Red CWR.

I can get this every time i reboot using vol/up/dwn/prw.

Phone info:

Hardware: i400.0.6
Model: SVH-I400
Firm: 2.1-update1:
Base: ends with DL17
Kern: 2.6.29

CC

I have no idea how you got this to work everytime, i tried and tried...

Finally i found a test kernel from adrynalyne booted into clockwork after flashing it with odin. then flashed the test kernel to replace the stock kernel and now i can get clockwork everytime.the

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
O...M...G... I didn't realize I asked twice... hmm...

Well another question...

What about flashing stock recovery when I want to go back to stock?
Do I just flash the stock ROM and have clockwork erase itself with the option in ROM Manager? Will that bring back stock recovery?

Is there a stock recovery somewhere out there to flash back in?

i have made a image of the stock rom and recovey so yeah i could get you that to flash with odin ....and no rom manager wont work for that either

we would have to get adrynalyne or someone to make a flashable zip version of the stock rom, .. i made an odin package of it, but for some reason when flashing odin it randomly wipes out the radio....and there is NO factory modem floating around,,,right now im running the Radio from the fascinate on my continuum which works great but it does not match the build number so if you ever have to return the phone they may notice that.

aydreeuhn

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i have made a image of the stock rom and recovey so yeah i could get you that to flash with odin ....and no rom manager wont work for that either

we would have to get adrynalyne or someone to make a flashable zip version of the stock rom, .. i made an odin package of it, but for some reason when flashing odin it randomly wipes out the radio....and there is NO factory modem floating around,,,right now im running the Radio from the fascinate on my continuum which works great but it does not match the build number so if you ever have to return the phone they may notice that.

Yea and it might not be able to recieve OTA updates with a different Radio...

I know my way in and out of flashing and all with my Incredible and using ClockworkMod Recovery... but I know every phone is soo different...

The Continuum actually belongs to my younger brother... and all I did for him was root it so he can wifi tether... but he wants to do some more... I just want to have all my T's crossed and I's dotted... I want to make sure I know how to go back to stock before flashing a custom recovery...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yea and it might not be able to recieve OTA updates with a different Radio...

I know my way in and out of flashing and all with my Incredible and using ClockworkMod Recovery... but I know every phone is soo different...

The Continuum actually belongs to my younger brother... and all I did for him was root it so he can wifi tether... but he wants to do some more... I just want to have all my T's crossed and I's dotted... I want to make sure I know how to go back to stock before flashing a custom recovery...

well im actually going to buy a continuum today and send it to adrynalyne to work on if he is up for it...hopefully he will

when the update comes im sure we will be able to make packages so you wont have to do it over the air so it wont really matter.

but as of now we can get you to stock with the exception of the rado

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12