[ROM][SAP] BACKside CM7.2[PORT]

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Introducing the BACKside ROM, a port of CyanogenMod7 for the Optimus V, ported now to the Optimus C.

I am not a developer! I simply took a few files, switched them around, and posted it. Don't thank me, thank JerryScript in the original thread! Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

You do not need to flash the MMS fix on this.

IMPORTANT: This has the potential to brick your device if you don't know what you're doing. If you don't know what you're doing, don't attempt it. If you do happen to brick your device, there is probably a way to fix it, so feel free to ask the talented people on this forum if you need help and they'll be glad to help you.

• Thank you to PlayfulGod for his MMS fix which I used in this ROM.
    [*] Thanks to BobZhome for making a CM7 for the Optimus C, which I used to port.
What's working?
Not everything has been confirmed as of yet, and because this is in beta there is no way to assure that everything is working fine, but as far as we know and have been able to test, everything should work fine! :)

Pros:

• ICS transition and rotation animations
  • More frequent CyanogenMod syncs.
  • THEMES!!
  • Easter Eggs! (See if you can find them all.)
  • Fully synced with the newest version of CyanogenMod 7.2
  • Ability to change bootanimations in CyanogenMod settings
  • Ability to refresh the status bar so you don't have to reboot for status bar changes to take effect.
  • Ability to disable ICS animations
  • Awesome bootanimation.
  • Very smooth.
  • Everything else CyanogenMod has to offer!
Cons:

• Personal preferences, I guess..
Themes!:
If you like this ROM, then you'll love these nice looking themes to spice it up a little. ;)

Get your themes here!
More can be found on Optimus V threads.

Green Machine Theme:
Awesome theme made for the Optimus V.
-Download the flashable zip here.

Installation Instructions:

Download BACKside-OptimusC-04092012.zip from below.
2) copy to a safe place on your sdcard where you will remember it.
3) Boot into recovery mode (Hold down volume down, home, and power while completely powered off)
4) Wipe everything except sdcard.
5) Go to flash zip menu and toggle signature verification. click flash zip and navigate to where you stored the ROM.
6) Select this ROM, and when it asks if you really want to, press menu.
7) Also, if you want the Google Play Store, or other Google apps, be sure to also flash the newest version of gapps here. (Reboot after flashing the ROM and then flash gapps.)
8) Reboot into CM7.2
9) Enjoy! :)

Changelog:

(A slash means it doesn't work)

Release: (04-09-2012)
  • Fix for quick unlock bug that prevented passwords over 8 characters from working
  • Workaround for allowing more systemui elements to be themed
  • Typo fixed in dalvik that caused some thread crashes
  • Three fixes in webkit to prevent crashes due to garbage collection
  • Added the ability to show or hide system icons in the status bar including wifi - 3g - bluetooth - sync - gps
  • Fixed the delay bug in home key double tap to launch custom activity
  • Fixed MMS this time -old fashioned way

Download Links:
Release-BACKside-OptimusC-04092012.zip

Screenshots with theme installed:
screenshot-1332100171420.png
screenshot-1332100277086.png
screenshot-1332100728432.png
screenshot-1332100747297.png
screenshot-1332101125413.png
screenshot-1332101212223.png
screenshot-1332101255727.png
screenshot-1332101348935.png
screenshot-1332192851785.png

Enjoy it, everyone, and remember to click "thanks" if you like it, and post your comments! :D

Last edited:

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
No but we have cm7 and this backside works on mine
We have like 4 cm7
3 ics
10 tweaked froyo
2 miui
1 lewa
1touchwiz I'm currently testing
1 sense
5 gingerbread tweaked roms

Sent from futuristic optimus s

I meant the OV backside works on mine

Sent from futuristic optimus s

megnchris10

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
a couple of months ago i rooted and flashed iho backside 7.1 and everything was going ok then all of a sudden i started have random reboots and fc's, i got to looking around and noticed my phone was not rooted anymore so night b4 last i FINALLY got super user to install in the system/xbin file...took forever but was instantly rooted again ever since i did that my wifi will not connect at all, it says obtaining ip address then says disabled, ive tried it on alot of different wifi's tried wiping rebooting.... not sure if i should flash a new radio or what...im on a optimus v any help would be greatly appreciated....Thanks u guys rock!!!!!

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
a couple of months ago i rooted and flashed iho backside 7.1 and everything was going ok then all of a sudden i started have random reboots and fc's, i got to looking around and noticed my phone was not rooted anymore so night b4 last i FINALLY got super user to install in the system/xbin file...took forever but was instantly rooted again ever since i did that my wifi will not connect at all, it says obtaining ip address then says disabled, ive tried it on alot of different wifi's tried wiping rebooting.... not sure if i should flash a new radio or what...im on a optimus v any help would be greatly appreciated....Thanks u guys rock!!!!!

Post on the v threads, but gannon just got banned recently, not sure why but it seems a lot of people are moving to android forums because of it.

amath

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Okay, didn't work. I did it multiple times, no go on all of them. Maybe its just my phone. If nobody else is having problems... I'll live, its not a huge deal to me.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante