Has Cricket released Samsung Galaxy S6 OTA yet?

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Good luck with that question. I've been asking this and no one has replied. It seems like we're the only 2 people on the forums with a Cricket Galaxy S6.

To partially answer your question though. I do not think that At&t S6's have 5.1.1 yet. I highly doubt that Cricket phones would get the update before At&t does. But I'm hoping that we at the very least get it at the same time, because I'm still rocking the ****ty 5.0.2.. Stuck in the Lollipop stone age.

InGoogWeTrust

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
When will Cricket Wireless release Lollipop 5.1.1?

Does it depend on when AT&T release the update to their customers?

I talked to Cricket support a couple months ago and they gave me the generic, "we don't have a timetable for that yet." I'm pisssd. My battery life sucks and I was hoping and update would fix something. They better at least give us a more major update like marshmallow coming up

Ron27

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I have a cricket s6, and 5.0.2
I try to keep open apps to a minimum, and I use the 'power saving' thing on the Blue panel when you swipe down from the top. Screen about 30% brightness. Not tooo bad. But I'm not on my phone all day, either.

Angel Nunez1

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm a cricket wireless rap and store manager and yes it does depend on AT&T we will receive the update for the Galaxy s6 when AT&T releases is update mind you order phones and order service is strictly AT&T so yes when AT&T reduces see the galaxy s6 will have it if you realize Samsung Galaxy s5 ZTE grand Max+ from cricket wireless have all received the 5.1 lollipop of the whole so so yes when AT&T releases see if we will also receive it and yes I also have a galaxy s6 from cricket wireless

Lolerica Smekerica

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Unlocked version here , running the 5.1 and let me tell you my 2 friends have s5 with 5.0 something , and its 30% faster than my s6 with 5.1

Posted via the Android Central App

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So... My friend who bought an S6 and then activated it on Cricket received the 5.1.1 update.

But me who bought my S6 from Cricket is still rocking 5.0.2. She also routinely got these little software updates all the time and I never get any.. Weird.. Hopefully I get it soon otherwise I'm probably just gonna say fk it and root.

InGoogWeTrust

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Bought my Galaxy s6 from them a few months ago. And I got 5.1.1 today.

Posted via the Android Central App

Finally got 5.1.1 yesterday. My s6 seems to be running much more smoothly so far, but to my my big disappointment, my credit card isn't supported by Samsung Pay... Hopefully we won't have to wait this long for Marshmallow, gents, haha.

captivedroid

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, does AT&T own Cricket? (I thought Cricket uses AT&T network.) And if so, does that mean Cricket will update the same time as AT&T?

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Also, does AT&T own Cricket? (I thought Cricket uses AT&T network.) And if so, does that mean Cricket will update the same time as AT&T?
AT&T bought Cricket around March 2014, and Cricket continues to operate on the AT&T network, but at a capped LTE download of around 8Mbps. I'd only be guessing about the timing of Cricket's updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois