unlock tmobile phone for cricket

HatchNRA

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I can take my Samsung Galaxy Note Edge to Cricket for a better network and less money. I am familiar with the process of obtaining an unlock code and another SIM card. I still owe tmobile $400 for the phone and would like to avoid having to pay that all at once. I read on the getunlocked.com website that carriers can blacklist. Does anyone know anything about this process? Not looking to run from what I owe just want to pay tmobile monthly as I have while I use cricket. The tmobile network does not live up to their claims.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
In order to have the phone unlocked you have to pay it off in full to get the code from T-Mobile. If you do use a 3rd party site the phone may be unlocked (so you can use it on cricket) but you will still have to keep the T-Mobile account open so you can continue payments on the phone. This would defeat your purpose of trying to save money since you would have to pay for two phone plans.

There really is no way around owing them the money. You will either have to lump pay it off or keep doing the monthly payments. If you simply stop paying the phone will be blacklisted and will not work on any carrier (prepaid or postpaid).

HatchNRA

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the info. That's what I was afraid of. I'm going to have a discussion with tmobile to see what can be done. I have no signal in most of the places I work and need to make a change.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03