Dell Streak - no market app??

QuinnboD

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Greetings!

I've recently won a Dell Streak 5, but it appears to have been shipped without the Market or Play apps - when trying to download through the Google Play site, it tells me to open the shopping bag icon on my device - unfortunately, there isn't one!

I had a Dell Streak previously (until some git stole it on a train - I will find you Mr Thief, if you're reading) so i know market is available on the device - my g-mail account even contains all the old apps i have paid for when i was last using the same device

Any help would be appriciated - i'm aware i can probably install non-market apps using apk files, but due to laziness i really want to avoid this.

I posted the same thing in the 'questions' section, before noticing there was a specific Dell Streak foum

Cheers!

QuinnboD

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Bump.

After spending 35 minutes on the phone to Dell, I'm quite impressed I haven't binned the Streak.

Literally, the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

QuinnboD

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I’d update this thread – had lots of views, so looks as if this may be an issue others have faced!

Basically – it can’t be done. I’ve tried forums, web sites, phone repair shops, even Dell help centre (never again), with no joy.

So, the only way to gets apps onto the phone (most seems to work fine this way, although others seems to link to the market automatically and crash) is to download as .apk files direct to the phone via the developers websites.

Alternatively, download a file manager such as Astro using your phone, and install. Then add .apk files to phone using your computer install through there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084