being primarily landscape oriented

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out a way to make wallpapers and backgrounds show up like you want them to?

It seems that if you set a wallpaper it will display properly in portrait mode, but then it cuts off part of the bottom in landscape mode. Seeing as how this phone is designed to be used primarily in landscape orientation, it is kind of annoying.

Thoughts?

brodieduncan

Oct 7, 2010
about.me
Just use a home replacement app like LauncherPro, ADWLauncher EX, etc to get a portrait home screen then, you can use wallpapers designed for portrait orientated phones like AndroidCentral's own Lloyd wallpaper

spectre51

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
You have to use a wallpaper with dimensions like 960x800 and make sure the thing you want to see in landscape it's at the top portion of that image. It's a pain, I hate how wallpaper works in froyo.

Due to the dimensions of landscape and portrait on this phone it's difficult to get wallpaper to look right.

Sent from my Dell Streak

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok. So, nothing specific to help set the wallpaper correctly. :(

Ah well. I guess it is the price to pay for having a huge 5" screen and 1ghz processor. I can live with it. :)

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just use a home replacement app like LauncherPro, ADWLauncher EX, etc to get a portrait home screen then, you can use wallpapers designed for portrait orientated phones like AndroidCentral's own Lloyd wallpaper

I'm currently using Launcher Pro (plus) but I still find that most everything I do is landscape. It is just easier to hold and use and type and view webpages, etc. Only on actual phone calls do I actually switch.

donzebe

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
mine came with 2.2 froyo and i do no see any problem with the orientation of the phone it changes to the orientation i want when ever i tilt the phone and every thing on home screen / wallpaper lots just fine in landscape or portrait.

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
mine came with 2.2 froyo and i do no see any problem with the orientation of the phone it changes to the orientation i want when ever i tilt the phone and every thing on home screen / wallpaper lots just fine in landscape or portrait.

Don't you find that in landscape mode, that wallpapers get cut off at the bottom? Like if there are words in the very bottom of the wallpaper, they get cut out of the picture in landscape mode?

spectre51

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Don't you find that in landscape mode, that wallpapers get cut off at the bottom? Like if there are words in the very bottom of the wallpaper, they get cut out of the picture in landscape mode?

Check out Wallstreak available in this post Multi-Page Wallpapers? - Pocketables Forum make your images 800x480 for landscape or 480x800 for portrait and use this program and they won't be cutoff. They won't rotate through when changing orientation but at least you can have your wallpaper look right for whatever orientation you use.