Constant Restarts

stooly

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Apologies if this has been posted already, I did a search but couldn't find anything similar.

I switched from Blackberry to Android a few months ago, worried because my Blackberry was always so stable & reliable but wanting something new to play with. Firstly, omg, I can't even begin to explain how much I love Android & how much I'm loving the size of the Dell Streak... it's fantastic.

Which is why it's taken me so long to finally do something about the constant restarts... I had so hoped it was a momentary conflict with an app or something & that it'd eventually sort itself out. So every day or so, the phone reboots itself. Now, when it happens, it's a constant reboot... it doesn't go as far as the Dell logo screen, but I can see the lights light up, then die, then light up & die again... over & over, till I pull the battery. This will happen continuously even after a battery pull, unless I wait about 20min before starting it up again.

It definitely happens every time I open the android market app... didn't use to at first, so when ever apps try to update, it takes me ages to get the phone on again. It also happens if I'm listening to music while doing something else... with the music, it isn't every single time, sometimes with random apps, or even if I open the browser while the musics playing. Then it restarts.

It makes me want to cry :confused:

I have read bits & pieces online of people saying they have had similar problems, but apparently a hard reset fixed their problems... it didn't mine. I've done a reset before, the first time it happened, it wouldn't switch on at all, I set a factory reset & it was ok for about a week, before it started doing it again.

It's running 2.2 btw :)

stooly

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok well I figured I'd leave an update.

Sent the phone back, O2 couldn't find a fault on it & so offered a replacement. But the Streak has been discontinued... which was heartbreaking & they're giving me a Galaxy tab... it's a sweet upgrade so I'm not complaining :)

But still, I did love my Streak & will miss the comfortable sized screen :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37