Android 5 Lollipop coming to the Venue 8 7840 Tablet On April 21st.

darrell s

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Just got my Dell Venue 8 7840 delivered today, with KitKat. So far, I like everything about it.

But when I click on "System Update" in About tablet in settings, it usually just shows the screen and then exits without starting the update. Is it just a matter of waiting until the update is sent to me?

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
After a few days of Lollipop on my dell I do not have one complaint, I think it's faster now. Kudos to dell.
Posted via the Android Central App
It is faster, at least on my tablet. Using AnTuTu Benchmark, Version 5.7, I got a rating of 44,253 with Android 4.4 and 46,127 with Android 5.0.2.

mikedk1982

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I did the update on ours and we are having serious WiFi issues. Router and modem are fine, other devices connections are solid and fast.

The Venue 8 7000 can't hold a stable wi-fi connection, halfway through the speedtest it drops from 100+mbps to 60, then to 40, then to 12mbps download.

I've tried tinkering with the wi-fi settings, everything short of a factory reset.

anyone else seeing this?

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I did the update on ours and we are having serious WiFi issues. Router and modem are fine, other devices connections are solid and fast.

The Venue 8 7000 can't hold a stable wi-fi connection, halfway through the speedtest it drops from 100+mbps to 60, then to 40, then to 12mbps download.

I've tried tinkering with the wi-fi settings, everything short of a factory reset.

anyone else seeing this?
I failed to record 4.4 wi-fi speeds but, based on my memory (which isn't that great), I think I'm getting faster wi-fi speeds after the upgrade. Be careful how you hold the tablet. I think the antenna is near the front facing camera and if you hold the tablet and cover the antenna, wi-fi reception will be degraded.

If all else fails, try the factory reset.

mep1127

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone experiencing bluetooth issues? On kit Kat a Bluetooth game pad I have worked fine. On Lollipop it seems to not connect, and when it does it will drop the connection and not reconnect. Tested it on my s5 on 5.0 it seems ok.

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a new Dell 7840 android tablet I have what may be a very dumb question. How and where do you add a microSDXC card?

I heard that you can add one to the tablet -- and I need to add extra storage for all my videos and audios -- but I cannot figure out how.

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone experiencing bluetooth issues? On kit Kat a Bluetooth game pad I have worked fine. On Lollipop it seems to not connect, and when it does it will drop the connection and not reconnect. Tested it on my s5 on 5.0 it seems ok.
Sorry about the delayed reply. I connected a Bluetooth speaker and it works just fine -- just as it did with 4.4

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a new Dell 7840 android tablet I have what may be a very dumb question. How and where do you add a microSDXC card?
The micro SD card slot is located on the lower right side of the tablet. Straighten a paperclip and insert it in the pinhole to open it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool