Dell Tablet Venue So Buggy

scopeman

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
So I have used this tablet for a few months now, and I can say that this tablet still needs a lot of work. The main problems I'm having with this tablet is the severe lag in the screen rotation, and the constant dropping of my WiFi. Now I have heard that it depends on how I hold the tablet. If I hold it at the corner where the camera lense is located, then it is susceptible to losing WiFi reception... That is total nonsense! So now I have to hold it a certain way to maintain WiFi reception? I feel like I have to jump through hoops to make sure this tablet works properly, and it is getting increasingly frustrating.
Don't get me wrong, there are many aspects of this tablet that is waaaay better than than the other tablets on the market, but please Dell, send out some updates to get this tablet working smoother (screen rotation lag). Also, can you please get the operating system up to lollipop 5.1.1 already. Why are we still at 5.0.2 after hearing about bugs in this version. I gave up the Nvidia Shield Tablet hearing about the good reports about this tablet. But at least Nvidia updates the operating system of their tablet pretty quickly. But here, I barely hear a peep from Dell.
I apologize for the rant, but this is my main tablet that I use for work and home, so I need this device to be working decently.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I hope they put out an update too. I find lots of little things here and there that just don't quite work properly sometimes. It's certainly buggier than the ipad air it replaced. Screen rotation lag being one of the most annoying. My wifi has never dropped though. It's soooooo close to being a fabulous tablet. Instead it's just really good, with some annoying glitches and bugs.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed lag when changing screen orientation but no dropped WiFi. I'm at Starbucks right now (on their WiFi) so I tried holding tablet by the camera and sure enough, when I do it drops one bar from full to full minus one bar... Interesting....

As for the screen rotation lag, I can live with that (even though shouldn't have to) cause I use portrait mode 95% of the time... Really I've found things that are wrong with most tablets I've owned. It's a shame they can't just make the perfect device but its always possible in the future... For now though, and for me, the 8 7000 comes close!

Hope they fix these issues soon though... Good luck!

:)

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig