I just got a 7840 from Dell and everything was great until I tried to remove the micro sd card tray. I cannot get it to pop out. Yes I have stuck a pin in there every which way I can think of and the tray will not pop out. Any suggestions before I call them for an exchange?
    07-16-2015 06:09 PM
    Try sticky tape. I have a hard time getting mine to pop out from a Tab S and usually pushing in as far as I my thumbnail can and letting go very quickly kinda propels the card just enough to get out. But when I just don't have enough nail or patience, I grab a piece of sticky tape (masking tape usually does the trick) and use that to pull it out.
    07-16-2015 06:14 PM
    The problem is that it will not come out at all like they usually do. If it would pop out some then I could get it. I have owned a dozen tablets and never had this issue before.

Try sticky tape. I have a hard time getting mine to pop out from a Tab S and usually pushing in as far as I my thumbnail can and letting go very quickly kinda propels the card just enough to get out. But when I just don't have enough nail or patience, I grab a piece of sticky tape (masking tape usually does the trick) and use that to pull it out.
    07-16-2015 07:01 PM
    Well I received a replacement and cannot open the micro sd card tray on it either. Never seen anything like it...Looks like I will be returning the Dell and getting a different device...I call Dell and all they tell me to do is stick something in it and it should pop out. I have done that on both tablets and the tray will not budge. Maybe others have had similar experiences.
    07-22-2015 04:52 PM
    The problem is most little tools that you would/are using are too short. Get a paper clip, straighten it and remove a long length of the plastic (if applicable) and it will work. Why they didn't include something like this is beyond me.
    08-04-2015 11:48 PM
    I did finally get it in. The worst sd card slot I have ever seen...
    08-05-2015 03:26 PM
    A decent size threading needle should do the trick as well.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-05-2015 07:44 PM
    I used a sim card tool and it worked, but not without a lot of work. I had to stick it in and bend the sim card tool to create a hook just to be able to pull it out enough to get a finger nail behind it. The slot is poorly designed.
    09-25-2015 05:04 PM