I'm a Frustated developer!!

xperia2995

May 1, 2014
Visit site
So I spent days and nights working on this one app. Tested it out. Dreamed about posting it on Playstore for free & getting a few downloads.

Then I realize to be posted on playstore, one must pay google 25$ !! Even though I have no intention of making money from my app.

I am clueless why google does this eventhough they have a very good Bouncer Bot that detects virus & spams. I wouldnt even mind if they took a few months to review it.

25$ is a very high price in my poor country.
What are my options now ??

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's called a developer fee and AFAIK, all mainstream stores charge for it (just ask our iFriends). They do, after all, provide the network infrastructure and storage, even if you just want to give away your app.

Now, if you just want your app out there, you can always give the APK file for free on other 'non-official' stores. However, you need to include the note that unless the user allows the 'Install from unkown sources' option (sideloading), they won't be able to install your app.

xperia2995

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I figured they would force us to post an Ad supported app and the revenue would go to google. (Since all the free apps I used had ads)

'Non official stores' such as?
Kindly giv me names of a popular few :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't really know any except probably GetJAR but don't know if they charge a fee or not. Most people that don't want to go through these channels just post their APKs on forums like this one or over at XDA.

mxvilla

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
$25 is not a lot of money. But if it is to you, I'm thinking you could show us your app and we could help you out with some donations ;)

Remember that fee will allow you to upload all your future apps too.

mioamioa

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
If it's your first app, and you plan to make more in the future, see it as an investment especially if you plan to make money from your apps. It is a lot cheaper than Apple so save up if you can. $25 is also a lot where I come from too, but I managed to save up while improving my app and it's worth it in the end.

Mythul_ro

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I think WIndows store has one time fee only now.
Android is still very very cheap at $25.

But you get what you paid for, like terrible customer support (inexistant), bans and warnings without anything you can do about etc.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco21