Hey everyone.

I'm working on a new kind of phone dock, and was wondering if anyone here might be interested. The idea is, it has a pair of robotic arms attached to the side to indicate to the user when a call has come in.

[Kickstarter] [Dock] Indi: The robotic phone dock-kickstarter-profile-pic.jpg

The Kickstarter is available if you search for 'Indi' if anyone wants to read about it. I'm really excited to get this product out there, so any help would be appreciated.
    01-11-2015 09:58 AM
    Could you add bit more info? Specific screens? Detailed infos? Maybe preview video? Or just a link on the kickstarter.
    01-16-2015 05:50 AM
    It would help, but you can't add links until you get up to ten posts.

Next time I might participate a bit more in this forum before I try to promo something.
    01-17-2015 03:08 AM
    Hi Willybood,
    I took the time to find it and watched your video. Really nice concept
    Two things that directly came to my mind
    1. Well it´s a prototyp but really not veeeeery attractive in terms of design (I am very picky on these things)
    2. I have not read anything about a API or others things like a call ... would be nice if you could enhance it like ... wave one arm for whatsapp, two for a call, one static up for sms etc.
    Looks like a real nice idea with lots of potential
    01-18-2015 04:58 AM
    Jack, thanks for the comments.

I think the design aspect of the device might be the biggest contributor to the lackluster response I've had so far from the Kickstarter. Even if the idea is good, the fact that it looks like it was wrapped together with duct tape and superglue (which it was) hasn't led to many backers.

As for the API comment, I've looked into it and that is all possible. I've included integrating them as a stretch goal.

Due to some aspects of the project that was happening outside of my control I had to start the campaign a bit earlier then I would have liked. I was thinking that if/when my patents come through I might give it another shot while doing some re-development in the mean time. If you or anyone else has any comments in the mean time let me know. I'm really interested in getting this idea right and trying to re-develop it.
    01-19-2015 06:30 AM
    Woooaw, nice and funny project , I wish you the best !
    I go search on kickstarter
    But really , you need to post a link with your presentation !
    06-08-2015 10:41 AM
    I'm afraid its a bit too late now, the Kickstarters been and failed.

I might try again if/when I get a patent for this, but thats it for now.
    06-11-2015 03:13 PM