How can I keep track of my app progress?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,
I've hired a developer who is building an Android app. I need to check progress daily to see if things are being done correctly.
However, my developer says that the only way I can see progress is by sending me an APK file weekly because building an APK file is time-consuming.
Is there any other option to see daily progress? Installing some kind of simulator or something? Do I need to have coding skills?
Thanks

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Without getting an APK and seeing what the app looks or acts like, how else do you plan to quantify "progress"? An alternative would be to hold periodic meetings with screen shares (recorded so you can refer back to previous sessions to see progress) so the developer can show you the progress in an emulator, which would still require building the APK for demo unless their IDE allows for "live" testing.

Hindsight being what it is - this is something I would consider including in the contract when hiring a developer.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.