What are the technologies & features that have to be present when you build a chat app like Whatsapp, Viber, Wechat?

I’ll go with readymade solution as they have the basic features and framework readily available to build a chat app like Whatsapp.

I’ve come across Apphitect IM Solution, a ready-to-go platform for building real-time chat applications on iOS and Android.

For More info Visit - Apphitect IM Solution

Can anyone suggest me a few more solutions like Apphitect IM Solution. Eager to try out.
    11-07-2016 06:03 AM
    Mod note. Thread moved to the Developers Lounge for more visibility.
    11-07-2016 06:15 AM
    I would strongly recommend you to try out Contus Fly an instant messaging solution that has exclusive features developed with real-time chat app technologies.
    johnvincentt likes this.
    11-22-2016 09:07 AM
    If you are looking for web based chat app you can try with ChatWing chat app? It's really easy to use. You don't have to spend much time for registration. Even you can use your social media accounts like- FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Pinterest and so on. ChatWing supports upto 10 more social media accounts for registration. And of course the cost of using this ChatWing is really low. You can easily chat with a lot of guys using this platform. You can banned users, sending private message, leave users and can redesign your personal chatroom. I am happy using ChatWing service so far.

Hope you'll enjoy this too. Thanks!
    01-26-2017 09:37 AM
    That is true chatwing has a web based chat for websites that has a chatwing iOS and Android app to manage your own chatrooms. But this thread is about making a custom chat app like whatsapp, chatwing also offers a service to do this, so you can have your own branded iOS iPhone, iPad, and Android chat app

The unique part about having your own Chat app powered by chatwing is that you can embed or float all the chatrooms inside the app in your website so users can chat from your app or website all together. The app supports group chat, private messaging, push notifications, new message email and push alerts plus user tagging to limit users access to certain rooms within the app, for example if you want to have a VIP or Members only chat, this is helpful to control where each user can chat inside the chat app and only the tagged users will be able to see that room visible when they login.

Some other interesting features include your own custom account system, so you can upload your own list of users and only allow them to access the app(private secure app) or have a public chat app where anyone can download, login and chat.

here is more info on the chat app creator service:
    Chat App Builder
    02-09-2017 11:06 PM