I am looking to have functionality that when a user clicks an image (either their profile image or the header image) in their profile, a menu slides up from the bottom to give them the 2-3 menu options (change picture, view picture, etc...). Something like what the Facebook app does on the profile page in their app. Initially, I was using FABs to accomplish this, but the fabs wouldn't scroll off the screen for some reason, plus I like the way a menu scrolls up from the bottom looks. Any ideas on the way this can be accomplished?

My layout is a CoordinatorLayout with a toolbar. I can post the entire layout if need be to help you understand. Also, I'd prefer not to use third party slide libraries, I'd like to write my own code. Not only for the experience, but also so I do not have to rely on and update third party repositories.
    01-23-2019 04:07 PM
    You can use the BottomSheetBehaviour or BottomSheetDialogFragment classes.

You can also extend the Dialog class and override the Animation and position settings in the constructor. I'm sorry I cannot write codes here but I can send you a sample implementation of the custom Dialog
    03-02-2019 05:08 PM