Which phone is the quickest phone to take a photo from sleeping

adavyhou

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I am interested in getting the HTC M8, but one thing that means a lot to mean is being able to take burst photos quickly. I have 2, soon to be 3 small kids so those precious seconds really matter when you are trying to capture a moment.

I am currently on an HTC One XL and its quite slow at getting to the photos. I know i shouldn't mention it here but i was playing with a mates iphone5s and it is FAST, and it made me envious.

So i was wondering if anyone here has the ability to do a speed test between the current top of the line phones as i am due an upgrade in the next couple of weeks. Criteria for the test are taking a photo (ideally a burst of shots) from when the phone is asleep and locked. Phones i am interested in are: HTC One M8, Samsung S5, Sony Xeperia Z2, any other current top of the line Android phone out there and dare i say iphone 5s for arguments sake.

Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Andy

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, if you're unhappy about the camera app's speed you can always replace your stock app with a faster one (such as High Speed Camera, Little Photo etc.) Anyhow as for the phone's you mentioned, I would suggest the Xperia Z2 (mainly because I am somewhat partial towards the Xperia series) also because out of all the Android phone's suggested: Xperia has the closest to stock experience which does give it a bit of edge in speed. However, HTC One their 2013 flagship device also had a very fast camera (mainly due to the fact that it allowed you to skip entering a password and just using the shortcut on your screen). So I would suggest the new HTC or Z2.