My screen isn't displaying properly, can it be fixed?

LoveableNancy

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
My phone appears to be working completely, except for the display. I'm receiving texts, and the touch screen appears to be working (it makes the sound like I unlocked the screen) but the display is just flickering purple and stuff.

Edit - now it's an almost solid purple, and occasionally will flicker a grainy version of what the screen is SUPPOSED to look like & even when it's all purple, there are varying light/dark areas that match up with the normal screen.

What I want to know is, will replacing the screen help or are those screen replacement kits just for broken glass.

My phone got wet, water spilled on it & I wiped it off quickly & took the battery out, I didn't see any water and couldn't get any out, I set it on the dresser with a fan blowing on it all day, now this is what I have.

EDIT - This link appears to be about a similar problem
www[dot]ifixit.com/Answers/View/146686/Why+is+my+screen+Purple-Pink

While I'm waiting (hoping) for help, I've been browsing parts... how do I know the exact phone I have, for example: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 I747 I999
I don't know what that long chain of numbers after S3 signifies or how to know if they match up with my phone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca