On my Go Tab GTD7, why does it zoom when scrolling to next page of pdf?

april raine

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Gotab GTD7 zooms when scrolling to next page of pdf

When reading a pdf file on Gotab GTD7 the screen zooms in and or out when the screen is touched to scroll to next page. Can this be disabled? Can a zoom you are happy with be locked so it does not change when touched.

Magnification gestures are off

I was unable to ask a question without registration as stated. It said username was wrong but no space to enter a username, only a captcha

april raine

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
adobe reader. I do not want any app that wants to know my location or access my card . i only want to read the book without the page zooming in and out

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that when you touch the screen to start the scrolling gesture, that you're inadvertently double-tapping, which would cause it to zoom?

Are there any other options turned on in ​Settings>Accessibility?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Tried it on my 2013 Nexus 7, which works fine. Do you have the most recent version (11.7.1) installed? It might be some specific bug with your device.

april raine

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Open Adobe Reader, tap the Menu button, then About Adobe Reader.
Thanks. It is is 11.1.3 build 86198. Now how do I update it? I got a free download but it wanted to charge me when i clicked install?

I have to say android is trash. Far too complex. i will get a windows tablet soon. I have a windows phone and it is far far far easier to use. Android seem to go out of their way to make it difficulty.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's simply a matter of opening your Google Play Store app and updating your Adobe Reader app. Swipe in from the left, tap My Apps, and look for an update for Adobe Reader (and any other apps that have an update). If you don't see it there, then search for Adobe Reader in the Play Store, and see if there is a button that says "Update."

I'm afraid I can't agree with you about Android--I think it's great. You have a pretty low-budget device, so you're bound to get subpar performance. This is relatively common--people get a budget Android device from an off-brand company, with poor specs and often glitchy firmware, and then come to the conclusion that Android is a poor platform. You'd probably have a better experience if you had a device from a better-known manufacturer like Asus, LG, Samsung, Acer, Lenovo, or Toshiba. Good luck with the Windows Tablet.

april raine

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
It's simply a matter of opening your Google Play Store app and updating your Adobe Reader app. Swipe in from the left, tap My Apps, and look for an update for Adobe Reader (and any other apps that have an update). If you don't see it there, then search for Adobe Reader in the Play Store, and see if there is a button that says "Update."

I'm afraid I can't agree with you about Android--I think it's great. You have a pretty low-budget device, so you're bound to get subpar performance. This is relatively common--people get a budget Android device from an off-brand company, with poor specs and often glitchy firmware, and then come to the conclusion that Android is a poor platform. You'd probably have a better experience if you had a device from a better-known manufacturer like Asus, LG, Samsung, Acer, Lenovo, or Toshiba. Good luck with the Windows Tablet.
thanks for yor help. Do the good brands hava a back button etc

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For the most part, only Samsung continues to include capacitative buttons on their devices. Most of the other higher end companies rely on the soft buttons onscreen.

april raine

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
The same thing happens reading pdf in kingsoft . The page keeps changing size and it will not show thumbnails for all files. some files once opened will have a thumbnail but not all.

april raine

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I was looking at pdfs inn the store as I want to get one that is easy to use.In case anyone knows I want one that
1Does not need many permissions see no need for phone numer device bnumber etc. Do not want to connect to internet
2Will remember page I was on when i open file again
3Does not have this annoying change of page size when reading and you touch the page to go to next page
4If possible read epubs and pdfs
5 Does not phone home with silly stats

Why does a pdf reader need this permission

"Photos/Media/Files
Uses one or more of: files on the device such as images, videos, or audio, the device's external storage "

Can it connect aywhere without knowlwdge or permision ofuser?

One needs following

"Photos/Media/Files
Uses one or more of: files on the device such as images, videos, or audio, the device's external storage
Device ID & call information
Allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call ."

Why does it need to know Device ID & call information
Allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call .

Last edited by a moderator:

april raine

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
kingsoft is no longer available now wps and it allows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and names of connected Wi-Fi devices

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since any PDF reader app needs access to the files on your device, it stands to reason that it will need permission for the Photos/Media/Files. Remember that permissions can be pretty broad--for example, flashlight apps need Camera permission. Does that mean it's going to take pictures without your knowledge? No--it's because the LED flash (which is used as the flashlight) is part of the camera.

Device ID and Call Info might be needed if it allows you to select a phone number from the PDF and make a call.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance