I had my phone plugged in to my laptop a few days ago and I put it ON the laptop. Now my laptop is a HP and it tends to get really hot so I'm assuming this is what caused the problem or at least contributed to it.

I picked the phone up(it has a case, by the way) and it was quite hot. I looked at the screen and it was showing multiple displays. I can see an imprint of the lock screen whenever I swipe and unlock to the home screen. I can see the imprint every time and it has refused to go. Even when I turn the phone on and off, it shows an imprint of the home screen while it boots. I don't know if I'm explaining this well enough but I've never seen anything like it so not sure how else to describe it.

I've searched online and it seems no one has this problem so I haven't found a solution. I'm wondering if I'm gonna have to do a factory reset to get everything working again.

Anyone got any idea what the problem could be? Would really appreciate an answer.
    03-22-2015 08:28 PM
    I think you are talking about "screen burn-in" or "ghosting" effect that happens on LCD's when a static image is left on the phone for too long.

There's a couple things you can try (if this is your problem).. I know one is an app that tries to correct the pixels... But now that you know the correct name for the issue you can Google a few solutions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    03-23-2015 12:39 AM