Changing Screen Aspect Ratio on Tablet?

henrik2k

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi, there are various Android apps to change screen dpi. What i search for is less a change of dpi than a change of aspect ratio. For instance, i might have an existing Android tablet with 2560x1600px, but want to display 2048x1536 (so parts of the tablet wouldn't be used or the image would appear distorted) (i want to get the aspect ratio of an Ipad Air 2 to do screenshots of an app that looks just the same on iOS and Android, only that Android tablets have a different aspect ratio). After having changed the aspect ratio, it must be possible to get clean undistorted screenshots.

Do you know if this can safely and stressfree be done and would you recommend an app? (I would pay for it.) I have little "engineering" experience with Android, for instance don't know how to get root access. I'd love a very safe and stressfree app.

I already looked at 2 offers to emulate Android on a Windows screen, but they seemed not useful for my purpose.

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You're looking for a 4:3 screen ratio. There may be apps that can do that, since it's a standard. (Android screens are HD - 16:9.)