My screen is broken - not cracked, it just doesn't display much. How can I fix it?

A

AC Question

My screen is broken - not cracked, it just doesn't display much

I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII from TMobile. I just took the case off of it because it was cheaply made and falling apart. Next thing I do is drop the phone on the floor of the garage while I'm rushing to work. The screen isn't cracked (beyond them small crack that was already there) but it is broken. The top quarter of the screen is kind-of-sort-of working, in that I can see it very dimly. The bottom three quarters are mostly black. Oddly, when turning the phone on and off, I can see the android and samsung logos on the whole screen, but they're a different color than before and there's a bar on the screen that separates the part that I can kind of see from the part that I can't.
I'd really rather not spend hundreds of dollars on a new phone, but would a repair on this a) be possible, and b) cost more than it's worth?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: My screen is broken - not cracked, it just doesn't display much

Welcome to the forums. I would call around to see who can make these repairs. The reason being is that connectors and ribbons can easily break, causing more damage. I would personally let a professional do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma