Phone stuck on a black screen during and after a call, why?

A

AC Question

Phone stuck on a black screen during and after a call

I am using a brand new Auxus Prime P8000 when i make a call the display goes off and after ending the call then also the display not turned on. I need to press the side power button to make the display visible and then i need to cut the call.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone stuck on a black screen during and after a call

It sounds like your light sensor is dirty. This can be caused by makeup, sweat, pocket grime and it doesn't take much. It may even look OK. Anyway test if your sensor is working correctly by putting the device display on auto brightness and placing your finger over the sensor, this is usually located next to the front facing camera or asking the top of the device sometimes hidden in the screen bezel. If the screen gets dim release the sensor and see if it brightens. It's actually brighter in more light. Next try making a call with the device away from your face, don't use speaker and call someone who knows you're only testing your sensor so they'll answer and won't expect you to talk. Using speaker usually disables this sensor. While on the call cover the sensor, the screen should go off. This protects from accidental button pushes while on the call. Releasing it should bring back the display. If the display doesn't return clean the sensor area with a tissue or microfiber cloth and see if it comes back. Since most devices have the option to end calls with the power button your device should not be actually going to sleep while on a call but if cleaning didn't work check your "Call" options for any setting related to screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone stuck on a black screen during and after a call

It's the proximity detector, but the rest is essentially correct. Some cases cause the sensor to not recognize that you removed the phone from your face. If you're not using a case, and since the phone is new, have it replaced.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2