Galaxy S5 screen is unresponsive to touch, how can I fix this?

A

AC Question

On April 4th, 2016 my phone started to bug out as it started opening apps, taking screenshots, texting, and calling random people so I immediately took the battery out since the screen was not responsive to my touch. (My phone worked fine an hour earlier that day during my lunch break, this happened while I was at my desk and I went to answer a text that I had just receive) After starting the phone back up the problem persisted so I turned the phone off then did the volume up, home, and power button to complete a factory reset. At the start up screen the phone bugged out, changed the language to Korean and then froze and it's still not responsive to my touch except for the buttons.
Is there any solution for this problem? I just bought the S7 edge because I needed a phone for work but I'd like to get the S5 working again so I can sell it and absorb some of my $800 phone debt.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

You've already done, what I call, "the last resort," in that you've done the full factory reset. Its "possible" that the installation itself, is corrupted, possible.

I recommend Flashing the Original Software, with Odin, the below link to multiple sites, (didn't supply specific one, not sure of your carrier.) for you to look into how to Use Odin to flash it.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=unbrick galaxy s5

Good Luck! & Register with our forums, its Free & Easy!

Chris

Ironllama44

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) is doing the same thing (with a few differences). But the phone is fine if it boots up with vibration. most of the time, it doesnt vibrate upon start up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae