Hey guys,

I've got an LG G3 model phone.

Whenever I make a call, the screen goes dark, like its detecting my face. The problem is I cant access anything on the screen until the call is ended. This might seem pretty harmless, but its starting to get really annoying.

For example, I can't end a call, ever - I always have to wait for the other person to hang up. Which can be really annoying when its your girlfriend's mom and she literally waits 20 minutes to do that.

Another thing - I can't access my voicemail, as it requires me to select options that I cant select because my screen is black. I know my inbox is full, because I've started applying for jobs again, but I cant reply to anyone.

Some other information, when I'm in a dark room, the phone will go to black screen as soon as I turn it on. I have to hold it to the light so I can access it.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on? I suspect its something physical to do with the face detector, which I assume is a part of the front camera. I've removed all the screws in the back but I cant seem to get the glass screen off. I hope its as simple as wiping it down.
    04-08-2016 04:05 PM
    Hey guys,

I've got an LG G3 model phone.

Whenever I make a call, the screen goes dark, like its detecting my face. The problem is I cant access anything on the screen until the call is ended. This might seem pretty harmless, but its starting to get really annoying.

For example, I can't end a call, ever - I always have to wait for the other person to hang up. Which can be really annoying when its your girlfriend's mom and she literally waits 20 minutes to do that.

Another thing - I can't access my voicemail, as it requires me to select options that I cant select because my screen is black. I know my inbox is full, because I've started applying for jobs again, but I cant reply to anyone.

Some other information, when I'm in a dark room, the phone will go to black screen as soon as I turn it on. I have to hold it to the light so I can access it.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on? I suspect its something physical to do with the face detector, which I assume is a part of the front camera. I've removed all the screws in the back but I cant seem to get the glass screen off. I hope its as simple as wiping it down.
    Welcome to Android Central!

It sounds like there may be something wrong with the proximity sensor. Try getting a can of air and blowing air in to the ear piece. Don't blow it too close but just close enough to get some air in there. Sometimes dust gets in there and finds its way on to the proximity sensor.
    04-14-2016 07:56 AM