Jelly Bean Issues with dolphin

ncguy

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone running JB noticed that pinch, zoom, and reflow arent working? Interestingly enough all of that is working with chrome which is now the stock browser. Wonder how long it will take dolphin to restore functionality and how many early adopters will jump? For the moment I have.

j-s

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Bumping. My Google-Fu isn't pulling through for me here. A bunch of people writing about all sorts of problems dealing with more complicated setups. For me, simply, the pinch zoom does not work on ALL versions of Dolphin browser I've tried (Regular/HD, Mini, and beta, my preferred is Mini) on NEITHER my HTC Sensation running CM10 (4.1.1) NOR my unrooted, unmodified 32gb Nexus 7 on stock 4.1.2.

Is there a fix out there that I haven't found?

I've been using Dolphin for years, so it's been pretty painful coping with using CM10's unnamed browser and N7's Chrome.

I did find this post:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...flash-dolphin-browser-pinch-zoom-working.html

Again, that deals with a more complicated use case of throwing a Flash installation into the mix, but I am not missing Flash (yet). And, process is also more than a little convoluted, using an ICS and a JB setup recommending both rooted, then dealing with Ti Backup and sideloaded apks, and the suggestion to stay away from software updates through Play to boot!

I just want my zoom in Dolphin. (What feels to be a) Hardcoded zoom amount from double tap don't count >< I'm absolutely willing to unlock N7 bootloader and root if needed; I just haven't done it simply because I haven't yet come across the need to do so.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20