Droid 2 custom ROM round up

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I'm definitely not the one to fill this list, hence why i'm starting this Thread. Can we gather links to all of the known Droid 2 custom ROMs? I'm willing to jump back into the custom ROM game again. I previously bricked a Droid 2 because the Bootstrap failed to start up after reboot, so it would only open to the bootloader. But i didn't have anyway of charging my dying battery (the battery will not charge in the bootloader). So i sent it back to verizon under "warranty" issues and have been hesitant to apply custom ROMs on my new Droid 2. But if we can gather up all the current ROMs we can have an organized manor to hop back and forth.

Update:
Nevermind, all of these can be found over at DroidForums.net
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-roms/

Last edited:
Reactions: cabarete007#AC

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
is it me or is the D2 getting the developmental shaft? Its getting nowhere near the love that the Droid X getting or the original Droid is STILL getting? Every couple days i cant help but see a new rom is out for one of those 2 but nothing on the D2. Theres not a single rom in Rom Manager for it.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Bushido, are you planning on making the Jump back to Custom ROMs now that the 2.3 SDK is out? I bet we see an early Fission 2.3 build in the next 2 weeks. Far earlier than the official Moto build will be rolling out.

EDIT until some major hackery is learned, we wont be seeing Gingerbread on the Droid X/2/Pro until motorola blends blur with Android. Even the most AOSP looking ROMs still use parts of blur that are required because of the locked bootloader.

Last edited:

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I think that will be the move. I'm more interested to see if the phone performs better than anything else, because I don't find any of the new GB features all too compelling.

I'm using an Incredible as my daily driver now, so I'll be more willing to try my hand at different ROMs. Especially if their based off of 2.3

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If someone is willing to post and maintain a current list of ROM's (not just a link to another forum) I'll sticky it.

Give it time, things will come. I have a myTouch 4G which is really fast and I've only seen maybe two ROM's for it. Also keep in mind that just because a ROM is out there doesn't mean it's gonna be in ROM Manager.

bebop15a2

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Fission has its own rom manager, which is actually really nice, especially since the regular rom manager you can use on other devices doesn't have squat for the D2.

Reactions: jmu33

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been focused on my DX, but I just rooted my D2 and will be flashing some ROMs this week to see what works. I will be working on a list and try to post it in the next week. I should be able to keep up with updates. If any D2 users that have any feedback good/bad on the ROMs that you have tried let me know. Feel free to PM me or post on this thread and I will condense all information (including proper credit for anyone that helps) on my upcoming post. Thanks in advance for any help!

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Fission v2.6.1
Liberty 1.5
Apex 1.4
All of these work quite well on the D2
I'd also check out Tranquility by TBH, Epic Unleashed, and squidly. I don't follow those ROMs very close, so i'm not sure if they are still being developed or not. But when they were, i remember hearing some good praise about them.

Reactions: Smitty_82

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34