Rooted now what to do?

reyrey2435#AC

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
i rooted my droid 2 with z4root downloaded rom manager,titanium backup,set cpu,root explorer,and bootstrap for droid2. my issue is what to do now to install a custom rom. do i need to download anything else? what do i need to save and where to save it? and how to load a custom rom. any help would be great people.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I haven't look into any of the custom Rom's available for the D2 since I have an DI. The first thing you should do is make a backup before you start making changes just in case. I'm going to move this thread to the Hack section where your going to be able to find the answers you need.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering the same thing, as I get ready to root my D2G this weekend. I just haven't had time to mess around with it this week. In terms of ROM's look for news on Android ROM Tanzanite its part of the AOSP (android open source project) so pretty much stock so you can get the Nexus feel.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
first thing you should do is backup then consider underclocking to an ultra low voltage and see how your battery life sky rockets. then consider one of the few ROMs out there. Fission, Epic unleashed, Squidly's, tranquility. there may be some more up and coming ROMs floating about.

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
first thing you should do is backup then consider underclocking to an ultra low voltage and see how your battery life sky rockets.

Can anyone, even pretty confidently answer, if rooting via the z4 method, and all you do is use setcpu or something to underclock (don't remove the crapware - yet, or substitute a new rom), if I need to return the phone (still within my 30days), will I be able to sneak it past them as original/unmolested?

-AJ

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
the best bet you would have is to remove superuser permissions.apk then unroot with z4root. then uninstall z4root.

edit:its also advisable to remove any root required applications, but they're likely to just wipe the device in the first place. so dont be to nervous about the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol