How to get even better call quality on the Droid 2

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
This has been a post over in the Droid X forums for a while. But if you haven't already seen this, there is a way to increase call quality in our Droid 2 conversations. This site gives a very clear rundown of how to boost your call quality.
Simple Droid X Hack Can Greatly Improve Call Quality | Techerator

Note
i have read over in the DX forums that this is not compatible with all ROMs. But it is compatible with at least stock, Liberty, and Fission. so that covers most of us.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Worked on my D2, didn't notice a huge difference right away. I'll have to test it more. The changes did take though and it worked on a test call after.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
When you say it is not compatible with all roms do you mean that there are some roms that just simply can't access the hidden menu? Or do you mean some people can go thru all the steps but it will just not work? Or would it even mess up the call quality altogether?

quayday8

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I just did this and after the reboot i could not hear anything. Also the person on the otherside of the line could not hear me. I promptly reset my phone

I have D2, liberty 1.5

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
This is the exact same trick the Incredible users used and the Droid users used and probably users of other phones as well. Like the article says, you're simply changing the phone to use a newer type of voice codec.

From what I've read about this, the only reason that phones don't come this way out of the box is b/c not EVERYWHERE supports this codec yet. If you happen to be in one of the few areas unlucky enough not to support this codec, just change it back if it doesn't work.

AFIAK there is no downside do making this change if this codec is supported in your area (which it most likely is). I know the article says something about faster battery drain but I don't believe the Incredible users were reporting any increased battery drain after doing this either.

I found this over on androidforums.com

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira