no update.zip

spabramenko

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I am new to the custom rom scene, and I'm not too sure about a couple things. When I download the custom rom, it usually comes in a zip file. However it is not an "update.zip", there are a bunch of folders: meta-inf, sdcard, system, and a file called boot. Not sure what to do with these.

dkear

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I am new to the custom rom scene, and I'm not too sure about a couple things. When I download the custom rom, it usually comes in a zip file. However it is not an "update.zip", there are a bunch of folders: meta-inf, sdcard, system, and a file called boot. Not sure what to do with these.

I believe windows is already unzipping the file for you. Go to your downloads folder and find the Rom zip file then just drag it to the desktop or to another folder it will stay zipped. This happened to me, and I couldn't figure it out at first.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
depending on where ya are at could make a difference about what you do with the "update.zip"..
one told me to install the new zips , leave them alone, if using Odin then install other "roms" themes" etc untill i had installed all i wanted to and then delete the update zip that was on the sd card. Whatever you do ,, Do not install the "update.zip" that is currently on the sd/card... it gets tossed.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If using clockworkmod you the file can have any name just use the install zip from SD option I hate using the update zip method I want to insure I'm flashing the correct thing