Ok so I am new to the custom rom scene, and I'm not too sure about a couple things. When I download the custom rom, it usually comes in a zip file. However it is not an "update.zip", there are a bunch of folders: meta-inf, sdcard, system, and a file called boot. Not sure what to do with these.
    03-14-2011 10:14 PM
    Ok so I am new to the custom rom scene, and I'm not too sure about a couple things. When I download the custom rom, it usually comes in a zip file. However it is not an "update.zip", there are a bunch of folders: meta-inf, sdcard, system, and a file called boot. Not sure what to do with these.
    I believe windows is already unzipping the file for you. Go to your downloads folder and find the Rom zip file then just drag it to the desktop or to another folder it will stay zipped. This happened to me, and I couldn't figure it out at first.
    03-15-2011 09:24 PM
    depending on where ya are at could make a difference about what you do with the "update.zip"..
    one told me to install the new zips , leave them alone, if using Odin then install other "roms" themes" etc untill i had installed all i wanted to and then delete the update zip that was on the sd card. Whatever you do ,, Do not install the "update.zip" that is currently on the sd/card... it gets tossed.
    03-15-2011 09:36 PM
    If using clockworkmod you the file can have any name just use the install zip from SD option I hate using the update zip method I want to insure I'm flashing the correct thing
    03-16-2011 02:35 AM
    Make sure you have done a backup first instructions here if needed: http://forum.androidcentral.com/droi...37-backup.html
    Just access clockwork recovery and wipe data and cache

then mount your system and sd card

choose the file you want to install

then install the update.zip from your sd card

and reboot system
    03-17-2011 02:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD