03-30-2011 10:28 PM
44 12
tools
    yeah i had it all typed up and my computer crashed, so i have to start over. this time its going to be a little more express list.
    03-26-2011 07:35 AM
    This is not a traditional way of putting a ROM on your device
    I am not liable to any damage you do to you device, but i will try and help if you bork one of the instructions
    If anyone from Team Defuse requests that i take this down, i will do so promptly as this is not an official release. The dev's have just slowed down recently because Angdroid just got engaged.
    note: I removed Fission ROM Manager Full so you will have to go to download FRMlite

Getting the files:
    1) Download this file from megaupload: FissionROM_v2.6.1_(honeycomb_ beta_III)
    2) Extract the "Extract_this_folder.zip" to somewhere you remember.
    3) open the extracted Extract_this_folder
    4) Copy the "FissionROMv2.6.1(Honeycomb_BETA_III) exactly as it is to ClockworkMod/Backup/ on your Droid 2 SDcard.

note: these next steps will delete all of your applications, so if you're worried about data or settings do a Backup or use titanium backup. (if that link doesn't work just search for "backup" in the Droid 2 ROMs and Hacks section)

INSTALLING the Backup
    Must haves: Droid 2 Bootstrap enabled, ROM Manager

1) Open ROM Manager
    2) Reboot into recovery (Give permissions if you haven't already)
    3) wipe data/factory reset (hope you did your backup)
    4) wipe cache partition
    5) advanced
    6) wipe dalvik
    7) press power button to return to main menu
    8) mounts and storage
    9) mount /system
    10) mount /data
    11) hit power button
    12) backup and restore
    13) restore
    14) choose "FissionROMv2.6.1(honeycomb_BETA_III)" if you did the getting files steps incorrectly you wont see the backup here
    15) let run till finished
    16) hit power button if no options are visible or to return to the main menu
    17) wipe data/factory reset
    if you skip step 17), ROM Manager, Droid 2 Bootstrap, Droid X Bootstrap, Root Explorer will come pre-installed. Be sure to uninstall Droid X Bootstrap as it will not work correctly with the droid 2.
    18) wipe cache partition
    19) reboot system now
    dash1828 likes this.
    03-26-2011 08:05 AM
    Giving it a go this weekend
    03-26-2011 11:59 AM
    Can't find frmlite? Team defuse website says it's suspended. What's going on? Any good download links?
    03-26-2011 07:31 PM
    After the step of restoring I keep getting this MD5 mismatch message. I ignored it at first whent thru with the restart but my phone still had the Froyo.. I am able to see the file Fission 2.6.1 and select it but again that message MD5 mismatch.. Any ideas how to get passed this?
    03-26-2011 11:36 PM
    I believe you still have fission v2.6.1, but their is not a chance that you'll be able the correct the MD5 mismatch. That is super high intensity encryption. Even worse than motorola's bootloader crap. This is only a temporary test of fission v2.6.1 anyway. So if you are adament about resolving that, just restore your backup that you made first.
    sent from my Motorola DROID X / DROID 2
    03-27-2011 12:31 AM
    Cory..My phone is fine I restored it last night. I was reading about this Md5 mismatch and some of the stuff I read was talking about doing a rename of the file name nandroid.md5 but you have to do it thru a type of shell program that I don't have. These are some of the things i tried to see if it would fix the problem. First I tried to replace the file with the same file from my good backup of froyo but got the same result. At the point where Cory recommended to change mount data and mount system I tried with switching them to unmount since mine already said mount and also tried them with leaving them as mount and either way I got the same result. I am open to any ideas.
    03-27-2011 04:59 PM
    Droid X and Droid 2 get leaked Gingerbread builds with updated MotoBlur:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-...dated-motoblur

SOURCE AND INSTRUCTIONS: Droid 2 Gingerbread (2.3.3) - Release Thread

Download and Install Instructions

Installing Firmware

1. Download this file from the TBH app or download below
    2. Use Bootstrap to get your phone into recovery.
    3. Create a backup (This is not compatible with new firmware)
    4. Install the Firmware using recovery
    1. select install zip from sdcard
    2. choose zip from sdcard
    3. navigate to teamblackhat folder
    4. select the file you downloaded
    5. Restart phone
    6. Re-activate your phone
    1. dial *228
    2. select 1

If your phone bootloops you need to wipe data to enter recovery:

1. hold down x and power button
    2. when you see the triangle hold down both volume buttons
    3. select wipe data/factory reset ---press power button to select
    4, reboot system

If your phone asks you to select/create an account

1. press the home button
    2. go to accounts (you may be sent there automatically)
    3. select done

md5sum = 66bed1c9d358d29ade3df2d4d37910c0

Download Mirrors

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

http://www.multiupload.com/RS_7X2TPSIFDA

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Deposit Files

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Monster_D2_2.3.2_4.5.153.zip

zSHARE - Monster_D2_2.3.2_4.5.153.zip - Free File Hosting Service | Audio and Video Sharing | Image Uploading | Web storage

Download Monster_D2_2.3.2_4.5.153.zip for free on uploading.com

1) This build has not been able to be rooted, this is not unexpected as we have not been able to root any of the other versions of Gingerbread that we have.

2) I am working on a solution so that when you do get this you will have root. (community will work on it now)

3) You can sbf the 2.3.20 zip file from TBH to get back to stock to take the update whenever verizon pushes it out.

4) YOU WILL NEED TO ERASE YOUR DATA IF YOU BOOTLOOP.

Firmware will be released as a flashable zip file (sbf flashed to phone through bootstrap recovery). No sbf file will be made available.

Last edited by p3droid; 03-27-2011 at 07:24 PM.
    03-27-2011 10:21 PM
    Video of gingerbread/new motoblur on droid x: http://m.androidcentral.com/hands-gingerbread-droid-x
    03-27-2011 11:51 PM
    take extreme note that you will lose root at the moment if you flash these. You can always SBF back to 2.3.20, but then you'll have to reroot your 2.3.20 build and then restore your backup.

I'm super excited about this though, as ROM devs like Fission and Liberty now have a Gingerbread build to base their ROMs off of.
    03-28-2011 07:44 AM
    Running it right now I really like the new blur but im waiting on someone to root it. What I don't like is the small font everything looks downsized but then again im used to the fascinate
    03-28-2011 10:03 AM
    I'm gonna try to do this tonight after work. I read on the forum from the source link that some people had an issue that the volume was low when they were using speaker phone. Did you experience that also?

Any other points of interest so far?
    03-28-2011 11:00 AM
    when you go to the market on the new Gingerbread build can you find google car home? or are you stuck with the blur CarDock.apk
    03-28-2011 04:58 PM
    Here are instructions on installing gingerbread with root! Woohoo!

Droid 2 Gingerbread (2.3.3) - Release - PreRooted
    03-29-2011 11:02 AM
    when you go to the market on the new Gingerbread build can you find google car home? or are you stuck with the blur CarDock.apk
    I have since installed and report back that the car home is not available in the market. But i have a copy hidden away in my dropbox if anyone wants it.
    03-29-2011 03:17 PM
    Have Installed Rooted D2 Gingerbread. I will report any problems that I might come accross.. This is good stuff.
    03-29-2011 04:45 PM
    I tried to do a back up thru Rom Manager and it would not work. It would run thru a quarter of the way and then freeze. I would have to take out the battery to reboot.
    03-29-2011 10:58 PM
    That's because all of the current tech is only 100% compatible with 2.2.
    03-29-2011 11:42 PM
    That's because all of the current tech is only 100% compatible with 2.2.
    Well i'm just a new guy to all this but makes sense. I did have one unexpedted shut down today and also when listing to music, two to three minutes later after my screen would turn off the music would also. At first I thought it was the task manager but I didn't have music under apps to auto close. Thinking about reinstalling???
    03-30-2011 10:28 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD