hey guys, new to this, just rooted my D2. ran titanium backup, bootstrap and rom manager. when i go to download roms in rom manager, its not giving me anything but 1 choice, and when i click on check for rom updates, it says to contact rom dev. any explanation for this? any help would be great, this is my very first root!
    03-20-2011 03:38 PM
    hey guys, new to this, just rooted my D2. ran titanium backup, bootstrap and rom manager. when i go to download roms in rom manager, its not giving me anything but 1 choice, and when i click on check for rom updates, it says to contact rom dev. any explanation for this? any help would be great, this is my very first root!
    Are you wanting to flash a ROM that you have picked or are you trying to search for a ROM? If you have the ROM you want on the root of your SD card, things might be easier if you just install in bootstrap.
    03-20-2011 04:30 PM
    Rom Manager isn't the distribution model of choice for the droid X/2. You'll need to do forum searching and independent ROM Apps for all the goods.
    03-20-2011 06:33 PM
    thanx for the info guys, really appreciated! not understanding how to install thru bootstrap. any info would be great, like i said this is my first root so not really sure. willing to read and listen to all advise thrown my way.
    03-21-2011 08:55 PM
    Youtube and droidforums.net both hold much valuable information. I haven't flashed a custom rom yet. I have come to realize that preparedness is key and have to be abolutely sure of what your doing and all precautions are put into place. We've got ourselves some exspensive stuff here and wouldn't wanna to **** it up! Haha.
    03-21-2011 09:22 PM
    to enable the boot strap all you have to do is download it and allow it to install from the market and then open it. The choose "bootstrap recovery". If you are rooted it will request superuser permissions which you allow and remember. Then it will say success. You now have a bootstrapped recovery image
    03-21-2011 10:19 PM
    k figured it out by doing some more research. just flashed my D2 with the first custom rom, now just have to find out what i need to do b4 i flash it with a different one. any info on what i would need to do would be cool, but gonna research and find info if i can. once again thanx guys, much appreciated!
    03-22-2011 01:03 PM
    first thing you should do is make a backup. their is a good explaination in another thread labeled "backup." after that depending on what you swith to you'll likely have to wipe data and cache between ROMs, so if you don't want to lose all of your app settings and data, i'd recommend downloading titanium backup and creating one of those. Also if you are using launcherpro and you don't want to reconfigure it again, make sure to do a backup of that through the launcher pro preferences.
    03-22-2011 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD